Printing Excel Spreadsheets to Single PDF Files

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

evander
User

Printing Excel Spreadsheets to Single PDF Files

Post by evander »

I've noticed when I try to print an Excel spreadsheet with multiple sheets or tabs in it to a PDF file, your software creates a separate PDF file for each sheet. This occurs even though the Print Preview shows it as a single multipage output. Is there a way to end up with a single PDF file? Currently I have to print each sheet and then insert the various files into a single PDF document.
Oldjim
User

Re: Printing Excel Spreadsheets to Single PDF Files

Post by Oldjim »

I haven't seen this problem. I only select all the tabs and then print.
This is using Excel 2003
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

You dont say which version of release you are using - but assuming you are using the Toolbar Addin options available in the Standard or PRO Versions of the PDF-XChange Driver- there is a printer preference settings/TAB called : Excel Options -> 'Print Entire Work Book'

Do you have that set ?
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
evander
User

Post by evander »

John,
I am using PDF Exchange Pro v 2.0 build 42.3

The toolbar is set as you described - under "Excel Options", the "Print Entire Workbook" box is checked.

I've tried this using the Convert Document to PDF button on the toolbar, and also using the Excel File-Print-Entire Workbook options.

In both cases, I am prompted for a new file name for each worksheet. Using the print command from Excel I can do a print preview, which shows a two page PDF, however when I then tell it to print I am again prompted for multiple file names as described above.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello evander,

You are not using the latest version so I would advise you to upgrade.
As far as I recall there was some issue with Excel sending the separate sheets as separate printjobs - resulting in separate files created by us.
I can not remember now whether this was fixed or the problem stays in excel but please try to upgrade and check for yourself.

Also try what Oldjim suggested - might be the trick to fool excel to output them all at once :)

Best,
Stefan
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hello Evander,

Possible reason for such behaviour - that you have different "Print quality" value for different Excel sheets. So please, try to set same "Print quality" ("File->Page Setup") in all sheets in workbook.

HTH.