Install OCR SDK Module Language Extensions

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

akurian
User

Install OCR SDK Module Language Extensions

Post by akurian »

Hi,

I have the PDF-XChange PRO 5 SDK installed. I want to know how to install the OCR SDK Module Language Extensions (i.e the dat files available here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxocr ... nguage_ext)

Agnel
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Install OCR SDK Module Language Extensions

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

simply add the required files to the folder where the other lang files are located in your installation ..
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
akurian
User

Post by akurian »

Thanks.

I would also like to know how to include the ocrdats directory with my installer so they are installed in the correct location. Should I write code to locate where the SDK is installed and copy the files there? Is there a merge module available to install these files?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello akurian

The ocrtools.dll and the ocrdats directory should be in the same folder and you then just need to use the OCR SDK and the dll will take care of locating the languages inside the ocrdats subfolder. There's no merge module, as there are a lot of languages available and their dictionaries are quite large, so you just need to download the language(s) you need and include them in your installer.

Regards,
Stefan
p3tracker
User

Post by p3tracker »

Stephan,

Still trying to figure this out, we just want to make sure that all we need to do is add file ocrtools.dll and folder ocrdats (with the language files we want) to our setup project, and that's all, then the form opened with code "object dataOut; viewer.DoVerb(null, "ExecuteCommand", "OCRPages", out dataOut);" will effectively propose the added languages to the user in the list of OCR languages (Recognition > Primary language)?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi p3tracker,

The OCR SDK is intended to be used via code without any UI.
If you want to allow users of the Viewer AX to have those languages available - then you will need to just make sure to include all the wanted languages in the correct subfolder relative to the Viewer AX dlls.

Regards,
Stefan