WaterMark superimposing on itself

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

smoothie
User

WaterMark superimposing on itself

Post by smoothie »

Hi,

We use version 4.0.195.0 and have an issue with the WaterMark image. When we adjust the WaterMark size attributes, the image superimposes on itself. We therefore see the WaterMark several times at different sizes.

The expected outcome was only to see the WaterMark image once. I tried attaching the image, however, none of the file formats were allowed (The extension png, jpg, gif, tif, bmp is not allowed.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Yonis
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: WaterMark superimposing on itself

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Yonis,

Welcome to our forums.
You need to zip/rar/7z any non PDF files as otherwise they won't be accepted. We had to limit other file formats because of spam bots...

As for the issue in question - could it be that you have set the watermark several times, with several different sizes, and it's just that the driver does what is told - and places them all one over the other?

Also build 195 is rather old - and I would recommend you to test with the latest one, as if the problem is resolved in it - there's nothing we can do for 195.

Regards,
Stefan
smoothie
User

Post by smoothie »

Hi,

I've just checked our integration code, we are only calling AddImageWatermark just the once with the WaterMark image appearing multiple times at different sizes.

Can you please confirm what version we can upgrade to, and also where we can find it. We currently use the "PDFX4SA_sm.exe" self extracting archive and installation wizard to install.

Are our existing licence valid for the recommended version?

Thanks,

Yonis
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Yonis,

You posted in the end user section - so I assumed you had the end user drivers.
I believe this is related to your code and how the watermark is called/used, but if you can provide a compilable sample project - that will be great.
Make sure that no license information is present in any such sample provided.

As for which versions you can use - I will be able to answer that if you send me your order number or license key to sales@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic.

Regards,
Stefan