Removable (or addable) header and footer logos

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

numerobis
User

Removable (or addable) header and footer logos

Post by numerobis »

Dear Technical Team,

We create PDF files using the PDF-XChange printer driver (C#, VS2015, Win 10) and store them for later use (some can't be reproduced once created, as the required data may be altered). Most of the time these PDFs are sent via mail, thus they should include a header and footer logo. For printing we have two scenarios: printing on pre-printed company paper (with the same set of logos as mentioned before), or on regular paper.

So we have three scenarios for what the PDFs' content:
- mailing: with footer and header logos
- printing on regular paper: same as mailing.
- printing on company paper: no footer and header logos.

We'd prefer to have a possibility to store the footer & header logo once the PDF is created (can be done in a second go after being created by the printer driver) and have the possibility to remove them for printing on company paper.
The other option would be to add them every time they are sent or printed on regular paper. Due to the fact that these logos might change over time (including their dimension), future logos might not fit older printouts, thus it would be necessary to store all past logos along with information which set to use for which PDF.

Do you have any recommendations on how to achieve our preferred functionality? We thought of using layers and manipulating them accordingly (programatically adding/removing/disabling), as this would also allow to choose whether or not to print them from most other PDF viewers (especially Adobe Acrobat Reader). Unfortunately we haven't found any reference for doing that in the set of developer tools. Another way would be to add a unique identifier to the logos which could be used to find them within the PDF file. I assume watermarks or overlays could be an option?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Removable (or addable) header and footer logos

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Numerobis,

Thanks for the post - I see that you've posted in the Clarion only forums for the PDF-Tools SDK, but you mention using C# with the Drivers API. Can you please confirm the SDK you're using and your development language/environment?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
numerobis
User

Post by numerobis »

Hello,

Yes, you are right, I seem to have posted in the wrong forum. My mistake. We are using the PDF-XChange PRO SDK with Visual Studio 2015 and C#. Should I re-post it in the "PDF-XChange Core API SDK" forum, or can you move it there?

Thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Hi Numerobis,

Thanks for clarifying - I've moved the topic to the Drivers API forum for you. In the future, please do take care to post in the correct forum as not all are actively monitored by the Dev. Team. This is most especially true for Clarion specific forums.

I'll pass this along to my colleague to take a look at.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com