Bug: opening tiff file?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gpxi
User

Bug: opening tiff file?

Post by gpxi »

This is so weird.

I've been testing the PDFXCdemo project under VB6 sample codes. I made some changes in importing an image file. I am using PXC_AddimageExA instead of PXC_AddimageA. My objective is to convert multi-page tiff to multi-page pdf.

Now if I compile the program and put it in the bin directory with all the dlls and everything, the program runs fine. But if I step through the source code in debug mode, I got this error when it is trying to open the tiff file (res = PXC_AddImageExA(pdf, IMG_NAME, p, 0): Error [ImageCore]: Invalid file format. The program points to the same tiff file. The file is valid. All the dlls were copied to the project directory. How could that be? I'm so baffled. There has to be a bug somewhere, right? Please help!!!

Thanks in advance.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Bug: opening tiff file?

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Can you please supply the tiff file (zipped) and also advise the version of our dll's being used.

Also please try one of our already compiled examples in the bin folder of your install (you will have to add the dll's and ensure they are in the same folder as the exe) and advise if this also has issues with this file)

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
gpxi
User

Post by gpxi »

Why does that matter? I already explained that it worked fine with the compiled versions on the same machine, but not when I ran the source code from within VB.

I am going to forget about this one. Life is too short. You can't beat anything to death.

Thanks anyway.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Its a pretty simple request for the file - is it really that onerous to supply it ?

Anyway - I'll leave it with you - if you wish us to take a look - we will if we have the file.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
dblwizard
User

Post by dblwizard »

gpxi,

I know this is an old post but I'm wondering if you could post a sample of your VB6 code that uses the PXC_AddImageExA call and how you handle the pointer to the array of images?

Thanks