How to print in black and white only

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bosseb
User

How to print in black and white only

Post by bosseb »

I have a number of CAD drawings in PDF format, which are using various colors for different types of objects.
But this makes no sense when printing out the drawings, just makes them almost unreadable.
So does PDF-Xchange Viewer have an option like Adobe has to force all colors to black?
It does NOT help printing in gray-scale because then light colors like yellow will not be visible at all.
The only solution is to print everything that has any color as black.
But is this possible at all?

This is my first post here, hopefully it is a forum where it is possible to get answers...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to print in black and white only

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bosseb,

Welcome to our forums. Such a feature is not available in our Viewer, but you can find it in it's successor - the PDF-X Editor:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product ... nge-editor

On the Print preview screen in the Editor go to Advanced, and you will find the "Colour override" option. Select "monochrome" from the drop down menu and this should print your files the way you want them.

Regards,
Stefan
bosseb
User

Post by bosseb »

I have seen other viewers do this but invariably they tend to "interpret" color as gray-scale and this pretty much destroys the visibility of light colors. Are you saying that your suggestion will put 100% black on all features that are non-white? Because that is what it takes.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi bosseb,

I do not have a colour printer device to try it out here, but the print previews for the Greyscale and Monochrome options look different - so would advise you to download it and give it a try. You might need to click "print as images" + the Monochrome setting in the Advanced tab to get a true monochrome image. However very light colours might be represented with too few dots for thin lines in e.g. yellow to be visible.

Regards,
Stefan