Print Out odd/even input/output

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ROllSOUND
User

Print Out odd/even input/output

Post by ROllSOUND »

I try to print out a book. To save paper I will print page 1 and 2 on the frontside of a paper and page 3 and 4 on the backside of the paper (180° turned). The right way is to select odd/even pages only. But this means odd/even Pages of the pdf and not the output.

What can I do.
Because the book is very large (~800 pages = 200 papers). In the moment I help myself with the tool "Fine-Print" (http://fineprint.com/release/fp805.exe). This works perfect. The only thing is the watermark on each page.

Maybe it is an advise to the Tracker-programmers. When you change the even/odd function from the input side of the printer module to the output side then you still have the same function than yet but you are able to print out the page order like my request.

When you then also program the ability to setup an extra, adjustable margin for the left or right side of the output page then you have everything what you need to print out anything. -Please think about-

I hope someone can halp,
Herby
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Print Out odd/even input/output

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Herby,

Have you tried the "multiple pages per sheet" option in our Viewer - with this you can prepare the book for printing, and then unter the preview of the currently selected page - you will see a "Select Sheets" entry - there you can type which of the sheets to be printed.

Or if you want - you can first have your "multiple pages per sheet" and "print" to our virtual printing drivers - then you will have two pages of the original document per page in the new PDF.
Now you can print odd and even pages separately to paper and rotate the physical paper in between the odd and even pages.

Regards,
Stefan