Vb6 Print multiple copies with print command

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MSI_USA
User

Vb6 Print multiple copies with print command

Post by MSI_USA »

I have a VB6 script that uses the shell command to silently print the PDF's to the correct printer, i do not see anywhere in the commands for PDF-Xchange to set the number of copies of the given file to print each time. I was going to setup a loop to print the file the correct number of times but this seems like it would take much longer to execute. I have four forms that i need printed, depending on the button it it between 1 and 100 copies.

Thanks
Mathew
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Vb6 Print multiple copies with print command

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Mathew,

Are you using the Viewer/Editor to print an existing PDF file to an actual hardware printer and need more than one copy of the form or are you trying to use our printing drivers and "print" a new PDF file?
If it's the second case - multiple copies do not have much sense - as you get a new PDF file and can copy it as many times as you need. If it is the first case - unfortunately there are no options in the command line parameters to specify this, so you will need to loop through printing the required number of copies.

Regards,
Stefan
MSI_USA
User

Post by MSI_USA »

I need to take a form that we currently use and print 100 copies of it. I work in a warehouse and the cover sheet for a shipping document is needed for each order. The people in charge of picking/packing are not computer literate and often loose the shortcuts on their desktop or print to the wrong printer. I created a VB6 app that when run has five buttons. All they have to do when they need more copies of something is to click on the correct button and it will automatically print a batch (100) of the document to the correct printer. This has been a smash hit and reduced the amount of time waiting for the printer to print the forms one at a time as has been done in the past. I would like to streamline this program and expand its capabilities so that it can be used in other areas of our warehouse. If i could have used PDF-Xchange to print multiple copies with, that would have been the simplification that i needed. As it is i can print like i need to with Adobe, but by the end of the month our company will be completely switched over from acrobat reader.

Still... this is a very good pdf viewer and can be controlled with vb,C,python.... with ease. I recommend it to any who ask me about it.

Thank you for your time Stefan

-Mathew
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Mathew,

Glad to assist!

Regards,
Stefan