Transform file with Keydata  SOLVED

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tuckerv77
User

Transform file with Keydata

Post by tuckerv77 »

Good Day Everyone,

I am looking to create a transform file using Orca of which I would like to incorporate our KeyData so that we do not have to push it separately. I am using Microsoft Intune to deploy PDF XChange 5 Pro and it does not play well with batch files so that is out of the question. We do not want to use GPO to push the software in our environment.

Looking at the MSI in Orca I found the InstallExecuteSequence table and was wondering if I put the Key in the Condition field, "KEYDATA="xxxxxxxx"" if it would recognize it during the install and automatically license the product? If I am in the wrong area could you please direct me to the correct area? I would like to have the registration disabled and license automatically activated without the user knowing.

Thanks in advance,

Tucker
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Transform file with Keydata

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello tuckerv77,

Welcome to our forums, and thanks for the question!
Just add a new entry in the Property table - with name KEYDATA and value your full key string (including the = sign at the end).
Please also do not delete other keys from that table (e.g. KEYREG with default value TRIAL) - leave them as the installer needs them, and it will then detect the KEYDATA and apply it as necessary.

The features listed in the ADDLOCAL here:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/EUM/de ... tches_pro5
Can be turned on/off from the Feature table in the .msi package.

Regards,
Stefan
tuckerv77
User

Post by tuckerv77 »

That worked like a champ! Thank you kindly!!!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com