List of Current Shortcut Keys Including Customized

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Kersplash
User

List of Current Shortcut Keys Including Customized

Post by Kersplash »

I want to generate a list of shortcut keys: the ones actually in use, which includes those customized by the user and those remaining at defaults. I don't see a way to do this from the user side, though it appears like there are several obvious approaches for developers:

I can see that the SDK has a way to enumerate commands and shortcut keys.
I can see the registry entry that changes when I customize a shortcut key (format inscrutable though)
I can see that an exported settings file changes (in unreadable ways) when a customized key is removed or added.
I do NOT see a way to do this via JavaScript.

Is there a hack I'm missing, or do I pray for an added feature?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: List of Current Shortcut Keys Including Customized

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Kersplash,

I am afraid that there's no such feature in the end user products.
As you've noticed - the SDK can do this - as it can be useful for a developer - but in the end user products this is not seen as something you might need at all.
If you need your custom shortcuts - you can export all your settings, and have to deal with just one file for import later.

May I ask what you are planning to do to need such a list?

Cheers,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Especially when there are multiple customized shortcut keys, it can be interesting to have an overview of these (on paper).

In applications where you have the opportunity to make customizations, like in Microsoft Word for example, there is a print option for this:
File > Print > Key Assignments. Though, for as far as I know, it is not frequently used ...

For those interested in the current default shortcut keys in PDF-XChange Editor, they are available on-line:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe6 ... ts_ed.html

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks for providing the default list Willy!

Indeed this seems like a feature that would very seldomly be used, and in fact this is the first request I've ever seen about exporting them as a text format, so it seems to be quite specific to be implemented as a general feature for everyone.

Regards,
Stefan
wilcoxon
User

Post by wilcoxon »

I would find this feature occasionally useful. I tend to customize shortcut keys and it would be handy to be able to get a full list of what I've set. This is definitely not a critical function.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello wilcoxon,

You posted in a topic that was a couple years old, and at the time we were posting - this feature was not available, but it is now.
Please right click any toolbar area, and from the drop down menu that will appear select the "Customize Toolbars" option..

A new window will open there is a button that would allow you to export all commands to a CSV (opens in Excel) list:
export_shortcuts.png
When you open the file - it will list all the commands with their unique and descriptive names as well as the shortcuts assigned (if any).

Regards,
Stefan