PDF xChange IE default

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

diversupp
User

PDF xChange IE default

Post by diversupp »

I am having trouble with downloading pdf files from the web now after installing pdf x-change. I click a link with a valid pdf but instead of opening in the xchange web viewer I would prefer it to download the pdf and allow me to open it in the full program.

I looked through all the preferences, and set the plugins section in IE to disable all related pdf xchange plugins, restarted the browser still the same issue. It opens in pdf xchange web editor.

I then went to the full xchange editor preferences to disable its functionality in IE under Edit> file associations> pdf IE related settings set to NO and hit apply with and without apply for current user checked and un.

I noticed the web viewer has a button in the lower right hand side that still opens another instance of the pdf in the full editor, but my company is requiring our users to save the file and im getting pushback on having them do this different process instead of just saving the link as I could when I had Adobe PDF installed.

Any settings suggestions or hidden options would be much apreciated to make this work.

Thanks.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
TLDR;
pdf xchange editor opens a web instance to view pdfs and I need it to default ask to download pdfs and only open in the full editor.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: PDF xChange IE default

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

(Copy of a post of mine in an older topic: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 65&t=27456)
(If the information below would not be sufficient, then please read the complete topic referenced here above)

Please try the following:
- make sure that Internet Explorer 11 is closed
- start PDF-XChange Editor (v 6.0 build 321.0)
- click Edit > Preferences > File Associations
>> at Preview Handler for PDF files, select Yes, click Apply... and click Yes to confirm
>> at View PDF files in Internet Explorer, select No, click Apply... and click Yes to confirm
- click OK to close the Preferences dialog box
- close PDF-XChange Editor

- now start Internet Explorer 11 and check if it opens PDFs (via hyperlinks) 'out of' the browser, or still not ...

Best regards.

N.B.: To just download a PDF via its hyperlink (= NOT OPEN), do a right mouse click on the hyperlink and select "Save target as ..."
diversupp
User

Post by diversupp »

Thanks! That seems to have done it, alternatively I just got a message from the support team with the following info
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... the-Editor
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Good to read that your problem has been solved !

:-)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the help Willy :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com