Inserting pages, form fields lost

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hays county esd #3
User

Inserting pages, form fields lost

Post by hays county esd #3 »

I have multiple documents that I am combining into a packet. Each of the documents contain form fields. When I use the Insert Pages option to add documents, only the initial document retains the form fields. I am having to go back in and recreate the form fields. Obviously this is a pain in the ...

Is this expected behavior? The only positive I have found is it does import the guides I defined in the individual documents which makes the rebuild less painful.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Inserting pages, form fields lost

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello by hays county esd #3

Thank you for the post. In the page insertion window, please make sure you set the Forms drop-down to Copy. This should retain the form fields and their data.

If you are not seeing this option, or if the fields are not copied as described above, you are likely using an older build. You can download the latest version and build here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America