How to change the logo when digitally signing?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MarcelP
User

How to change the logo when digitally signing?

Post by MarcelP »

Hi there,

When editing a digital signature, you can add a logo.
Is it possible to change that logo egg. into a company's logo?

Kind regards,

Marcel
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How to change the logo when digitally signing?

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi MarcelP,

Thank you for the post.

Yes, it is possible to add a picture or a logo to a Digital signature.

To do so, please open the Editor and go to Edit -> Preferences -> Signatures (1 on the attached screenshot), click on More in the Creation and Appearance tab (2), click More once again from the Appearances tab (3), select the template you would like to change (4) and click the Edit Button (5).
Select Custom Icon from the Show Graphics tab and choose your desired file (6). The picture should appear on the signature.

Regards,
Radi
Attachments
Signatures.zip
(342.02 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
hlwnspectre
User

Post by hlwnspectre »

Thank you for your explanation, Radi !

The procedure you mentioned lets me change the image next to the signature text, but not the watermark image of the logo. What I mean is, that in the Show Graphics section, there is a checkbox to show the logo, and the logo itself defaults to the Tacker eye symbol. Would it be possible to include my company logo instead of the eye logo as the watermark in the signature panel ?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello hlwnspectre,

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. I have been asked by the dev team to create a formal feature request for this. They have told me they will try to add this in the next few builds.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Alexander-Rex
User

Post by Alexander-Rex »

Hello,

I am missing the option to change the text within the digital signature. I am sending my documents to may people who are in favour to read the text next to my logo in their own language (especially French, Spanish and German).

Additionally the text is printed in may lines and I am not able to prevent the digital signature to place a <CR> or <LF> within my complete name. The text looks like

Digital signed by <CR>
Dottore Alexander <CR>
Morales-Aragon <CR>

But I prefer
Digital signiert von <CR>
Dottore Alexander Morales-Aragon <CR>

or
Firma electrónica <CR>

Regards Alexander (native German)
hlwnspectre
User

Post by hlwnspectre »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. I have been asked ... they will try to add this in the next few builds.
Cheers!
Thanks a ton for clearing this up, Patrick ! I'll await the capability in the subsequent releases. Cheers ! :D
hlwnspectre
User

Post by hlwnspectre »

Alexander-Rex wrote:I am missing the option to change the text within the digital signature. I am sending my documents to may people who are in favour to read the text next to my logo in their own language (especially French, Spanish and German).
Well, we all miss this actually, mate ! :wink: Editor does not currently have a multi language interface in most internal dialogue boxes. The translation strings are fairly complete, but the functionality does not propagate to the user-editable areas. Maybe email tracker with a feature request ?

In the meantime, type in your choice of characters (i.e. your preferred language) into the text boxes themselves.
Alexander-Rex wrote: Additionally the text is printed in may lines and I am not able to prevent the digital signature to place a <CR> or <LF> within my complete name. The text looks like
Editor uses default OS text forms for all input fields, and the <CR> and <LF> you find breaking your input, are actually because of field separators in Editor being those characters. So, per your example,
Digital signiert von <CR>

can be achieved by unchecking the Show Text checkboxes for Labels and Distinguished Name in the "Edit Template of Digital Sign" dialogue. Please note, that the Name and Status fields are populated from the certificate used for signing. The Location and Reason for signing are populated from the data entered in the signing dialogue itself, and are unique to each signature you place. So if you want certain data to appear in certain places, you just need to make those data available in corresponding text boxes. Editor just pulls in data from those fields while constructing the signature stamp.

Hope this was of some help, Alexander. Cheers !
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Thanks Hlwnspectre,
I love it when I look at a forum post and no additional input is required!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Zaan
User

Post by Zaan »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hello hlwnspectre,

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. I have been asked by the dev team to create a formal feature request for this. They have told me they will try to add this in the next few builds.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers!
Hi,
Some time has passed, did the team implemented this feature already ? Because I would really like to have it.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Zaan,

It is still not possible to put your own company logo as the background I am afraid.
It is not something I am aware of currently being developed, but we are now focusing on clearing out some bugs with the latest releases, so new features implementations are a bit on the sideline for now.

Regards,
Stefan