License key not accepted during MSI install

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ketter
User

License key not accepted during MSI install

Post by ketter »

This has worked in the past, but I can't seem to get it to work with XChange PRO 6.0.319.

I am installing an MSI with my PC management software. I include the following three MSI properties:
KEYACCEPTED 0
SCHEDULEUPDATER 1
KEYDATA <key value removed from posting for obvious reasons> :-)

After installation, everything is good except the key has not been accepted and all the applications act as if they are in trial mode. If I select Edit > Preferences > Registration and select Add new Serial Key, the box auto-populates with the correct key (I don't need to paste anything into it) and I can click Continue, then Ok and everything works correctly and the software is licensed. I don't want to have to manually touch every PC where this software gets installed. So how can I get it to accept the key automatically?

The msi I am using is ProV6.x64.msi.

Thanks!
Ken
Last edited by ketter on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ketter
User

Re: License key not accepted during MSI install

Post by ketter »

By the way, is there also a way to remove old license keys? I know how to do it manually, but I want a way to clean up old ones automatically...maybe a script or removing a registry value?

Thanks,
Ken
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the post - Are you using a transform? If so, this might be best dealt with via email, as we'll need the following info.:

- The transform file you're using.
- Your exact installation procedure/command string.
- The deployment system you're using.
- Operating system.
- Is this an environment in which roaming profiles are used, wherein users may be logging in to their profiles on different physical servers?

Please email this info. to support@pdf-xchange.com and we'll take a look.
y the way, is there also a way to remove old license keys? I know how to do it manually, but I want a way to clean up old ones automatically...maybe a script or removing a registry value?
It's possible to remove the registry keys, but it's not always easy to know which is which so I'd recommend removing them prior to updates/installations so that you don't remove the new valid license. The keys are stored (normally) under HKCU\Software\Tracker Software\Vault or potentially under HKLM\Software\Tracker Software\Vault, depending on your setup.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
ketter
User

Post by ketter »

Just sent requested info by email.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Ken, looking now!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com