Rotate Dimension Line

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RedSharpEye
User

Rotate Dimension Line

Post by RedSharpEye »

Hi,

In the properties pane of PDF Editor 6.319.0 when a dimension line is selected you can edit the line length and scale (amongst other things), however I don't think you can edit the angle of the line.

I often place a dimension on one drawing and then copy it onto another drawing but need the dimension line to be at a different angle. Unless I am mistaken (which is not unknown :D ) there isn't a way to rotate a dimension line.

Would it be possible
1: for the angle to be added (and editable) in the dimension line properties pane? (it is currently shown in the little distance tool window that appears when the dimension is selected or drawn).

2:for the scaled dimension to be shown and editable in the properties pane so that if you alter the scaled dimension the line length updates automatically and if you alter the line length the scaled dimension updates automatically.

Cheers
Red
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Rotate Dimension Line

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Red,

The reason there is no "angle" or "rotation" value is because the dimension line is defined by the start and end point, and the offset of the line above those points. You can of course use the "Object -> Transform selection" tool with a dimension line selected to rotate it if needed.

Cheers,
Stefan
RedSharpEye
User

Post by RedSharpEye »

Thanks Stefan,

I see what you are saying, I guess the angle displayed in the distance tool box in the corner of the screen is worked out on the fly.

I have anew issue now, I updated my installation and now everything I used to be able to access complains I need to pay for, however I wasn't warned that this would happen :(

Loving the speedy answers.

Best regards

Red
RedSharpEye
User

Post by RedSharpEye »

I have anew issue now, I updated my installation and now everything I used to be able to access complains I need to pay for, however I wasn't warned that this would happen
Bought a new maintenance plan - Issue resolved
RedSharpEye
User

Post by RedSharpEye »

Stefan

Is it not possible for line and dimension line lines to be rotatable by mouse just like the oval and rectangle tools?

With the transform selection dialogue, would it be possible to have the option to set the angle relative to the x/y axis as opposed to the angle the object is at? At present the you have to guess what angle the object is at and then work out how many degrees you need to move it.

Best regards

Red
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Red,

Glad that you sorted out the maintenance plan. The other option is to go back to an older build.

You can move the points of a dimension measurement, but not both at the same time, so while this will effectively "rotate" it - you will also need to then adjust it to the same length as before. Using the Transform selection will rotate it relative to the current state, and can't be made relative to the X/Y axis.

Cheers,
Stefan