Highlight : any way to remove the mini-icon above the line ?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Clairvaux
User

Highlight : any way to remove the mini-icon above the line ?

Post by Clairvaux »

When I use the Highlight function, I get a mini-icon above the highlighted line of text, like this :
Highlight.7z
(47.92 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
It partly hides the text in many cases and is very annoying. Is this expected behaviour ? Is there any way to prevent it ?
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: Highlight : any way to remove the mini-icon above the li

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Ordinarily, highilighting does not have that icon. It indicates that you have added a note regarding the highlighted text.

Open the comment and delete the text to remove the icon.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Highlight : any way to remove the mini-icon above the li  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi all!

Thanks for your help Bhikkhu!
It is also possible that the Edit -> Preferences -> Commenting -> Copy selected text into Highlight, Cross-Out and Underline comment pop-ups checkbox is clicked. With that on - all the highlights will automatically copy the highlighted text in the "comment". This is useful if you are e.g. planning to export them later - but it seems like in Clairvaux's case that is not needed.

So Clairvaux - please do check that option as well - to make sure that you do not get all your highlights automatically copy the text.

Regards,
Stefan
Clairvaux
User

Post by Clairvaux »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: It is also possible that the Edit -> Preferences -> Commenting -> Copy selected text into Highlight, Cross-Out and Underline comment pop-ups checkbox is clicked.
That's it ! It worked ! Thank you, Stefan. Without your help, I would never have found out. That option is very well hidden !

By the way : congratulations for the interface of Editor. Coming from Viewer, it's much better. The icons are very easy to read. All the menu items are large enough. It's high DPI-aware. (This should go without saying, but unfortunately it's not.) Customisation is a breeze. Search and navigation are fast and easy. There are a few things that were better in Viewer (links in free version... size of icons in the bookmarks panel...), but I don't regret the transition. All right, it's not very beautiful, nor trendy. But I can live with that. At least, it's not ugly.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Clairvaux,

Glad to assist with the particular setting.
As for the Interface - we are working on a Ribbon layout as well - so you will have a better choice in one of the upcoming builds for the interface.

As for the free features - Links tool should still be free! All features that were free in the Viewer should still be free in the Editor! Let us know if something is working differently!

As for the DPI aware - we currently have two icon sizes, but are working on improving in that respect, as on some small 4K screens (e.g. 26-28'') even the current larger icon size might still look a bit on the small side. (I am on a 4K screen myself - but my DPI is ~111 so that's not an issue for me).

Regards,
Stefan