Stamp rotating

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

EmilyW
User

Stamp rotating

Post by EmilyW »

I'm a brand new PDF Xchange user, but a fairly experienced Adobe Acrobat user.

I am inserting a stamp into my document that was created in Adobe.

I want to resize the stamp, but when I do so, it also rotates the stamp 90 degrees.

How do I resize a stamp and prevent the rotation?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Stamp rotating

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Emily,

Thank you for the post and welcome to our forums! When resizing a stamp, it should not be rotated.

Could you please send us an example document that shows this behaviour?

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
EmilyW
User

Post by EmilyW »

The documents that are giving me trouble are proprietary documents from our vendor, so I don't think I can provide a sample.

However, I was able to recreate the problem with blank PDF that I created. The stamp worked fine on the original page, but when I rotated the whole page and saved it and tried the stamp again, it wanted to rotate the stamp to match the original orientation.

I will try to upload the blank document with the stamp.
Attachments
Blank Page Landscape.pdf
(92.45 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Emily,

Thank you for sending us this file. I was able to reproduce this issue as well. I have reported this to the dev team and created an internal development ticket to help track this issue.

Please reference RT#3821: Stamp auto rotates when resized on a previously rotated page when requesting an update to this issue.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we work to resolve this.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
EmilyW
User

Post by EmilyW »

Thanks, Patrick.

This doesn't seem to be an issue with every stamp in PDF Xchange. We have several dynamic date stamps, and they resize at any orientation without any trouble. As far as I know, they were all created the same way. The only difference is the dynamic date.

In the meantime, I guess we'll have to insert blank pages or something when the stamp won't fit.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Emily,

Indeed, this may be particular to that stamp. I have several dynamic date stamps as well, but none show the same behaviour as yours did.

It may be helpful for you while we work to solve the issue to note that when placing a stamp, you can actually click and drag to place the stamp with the dimensions you desire.

I hope this helps!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
EmilyW
User

Post by EmilyW »

I tried clicking and dragging, and that worked perfectly! Thanks!

My stamps are in two different files. The dynamic stamps are in one, and the static stamps are in another. I don't know why it did it that way, but that's how it turned out.

All of the stamps in the static file (there are three) show the same behavior of wanting to revert to the page's original orientation.

Not sure if that's relevant, but I just thought I'd add it, for completeness.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks, Emily

It is relevant, actually. I suspect there is an actual bug here, and thanks to you our dev team is now aware of it.

Thanks again! :)
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest