Trial version fo editor?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cimenta
User

Trial version fo editor?

Post by cimenta »

Hi

I have an PDF with forms that I cannot fill and save using Adobe Reader. I found PDF-Exchange Viewer that does the job just perfectly.

I can save the PDF with filled fields that is great but now I also need to
- add a signature
- save a template that can be used in the future but then I need to
- edit more fields late on

Can I do that with Editor? Can I try out?

Thank you

Radek
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Trial version fo editor?

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Welcome to our forums, Cimenta

Thank you for the post and for your interest in our products.

Adding a signature and Editing form fields requires PDF-XChange Editor Plus. You may download the trial here:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

As for the template, I am not sure I fully understand what you mean. Please elaborate on this.

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
cimenta
User

Post by cimenta »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Welcome to our forums, Cimenta

Thank you for the post and for your interest in our products.

Adding a signature and Editing form fields requires PDF-XChange Editor Plus. You may download the trial here:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

As for the template, I am not sure I fully understand what you mean. Please elaborate on this.

Thanks!
Thank you for the link. When I try I get an error "You dont have the appropriate permissions to place new signatures, in this document"

I am talking about this pdf -> https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/956a.pdf

Can you please have a look?

What do I mean by template? The fact that I can do these operations in this particular order
1) edit data fields + 2) add my signature

that way the pdf would become a template for me. Once I needed it I edit more fields and send it through.

Thank you

Radek
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi cimenta,

I see - Creating a template is easy, instead of saving the changes to the template file simply use the Save As function.

There is a security policy on this document. You will see in the Document Properties that signing is allowed, however only in existing signature fields. Unfortunately, the "sign here" locations on this document are not actually dynamic form fields.

Unfortunately, the security policy on this document does not allow for modification of the form data.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
cimenta
User

Post by cimenta »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hi cimenta,

I see - Creating a template is easy, instead of saving the changes to the template file simply use the Save As function.

There is a security policy on this document. You will see in the Document Properties that signing is allowed, however only in existing signature fields. Unfortunately, the "sign here" locations on this document are not actually dynamic form fields.

Unfortunately, the security policy on this document does not allow for modification of the form data.
hm, does it mean that I am not able to place a signature on page 6?

I think I did it using some other tool but then PDF become an image and I was not able to edit the fields again.

Thank you

Radek
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Radek,

I am afraid that without removing the security, no.

Remove the security policy, and add digital signature fields to those areas and re-apply the security policy. You should then be able to apply digital signatures to those areas without the warning.

Please see the link below for instructions on managing security policies: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... nge-Editor

I hope this helps!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
cimenta
User

Post by cimenta »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Radek,

I am afraid that without removing the security, no.

Remove the security policy, and add digital signature fields to those areas and re-apply the security policy. You should then be able to apply digital signatures to those areas without the warning.

Please see the link below for instructions on managing security policies: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... nge-Editor

I hope this helps!
it asks for password. I don't know the password. It's not my PDF

Thank you
Radek
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Radek,
it asks for password. I don't know the password. It's not my PDF
I am afraid there is nothing we can do. We adhere strictly to the ISO for PDF specification, thus respect any security policy that may have been implemented. You will need to get an unrestricted copy of this document, or the password from the original author.

Cheers!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
cimenta
User

Post by cimenta »

ok, thank you for your help

Radek
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest