Convert to PDF/A-2u: Wingdings2 invalid: Font 'ToUnicode' map has inappropriate values (3)

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ANI
User

Convert to PDF/A-2u: Wingdings2 invalid: Font 'ToUnicode' map has inappropriate values (3)

Post by ANI »

I have a need to compose one PDF/A-2u document from various sources (Word and JPG files).

So far I have not found a way to append pages to an existing PDF/A-2u file (and I suspect it may well even be prohibited by definition), so I have converted e.g. the Word files first to a PDF/A-2u file, then enabled editing for the file, appended other files and finally saved the result as a PDF/A-2u file.

This has worked well for pretty long time already, but yesterday I came across to a new problem...

One of the Word files converts first nicely to PDF/A-2u but when I enable editing and even immediately after that try to save the file as PDF/A-2u again (which should of course succeed since the file was already in PDF/A-2u format), the conversion fails with three errors: "Font Wingdings2 is invalid: Font 'ToUnicode' map has inappropriate values (3):"

I checked the source file (Word) and found out that Wingdings2 font is NOT USED anywhere in the document, neither the normal text area nor in header / footer area.

This is pretty awkward since I should already have signed and distributed the document yesterday...

PDF-XChange Pro 6.0 (322.5)

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Convert to PDF/A-2u: Wingdings2 invalid: Font 'ToUnicode' map has inappropriate values (3)

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello ANI,

Can you please attach one such sample file - both the Word and the resulting PDF.
Also - can you try to convert the files from Word to normal PDFs - and only convert to PDF/A-2u once at the end when you want to produce the final PDF document and see if that works better (it should at least be a bit faster as you have less clicks to do).

Regards,
Stefan
ANI
User

Re: Convert to PDF/A-2u: Wingdings2 invalid: Font 'ToUnicode' map has inappropriate values (3)

Post by ANI »

I already tried converting first to normal PDF files - no help. I'll see if I can create a "dummy" sample file to show the error. If I cannot do that, is there a way to send the file via email? I'd rather not post the file to a public forum...
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi ANI,

Thanks for the post - Feel free to send the file to support@pdf-xchange.com directly, just please be sure to include a link to this topic for reference.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
ANI
User

Post by ANI »

Hi Will,

Thank you for your reply. Email sent!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks ANI,

We got the files and I am sending them to a colleague from the dev team for investigation!

Regards,
Stefan
ANI
User

Post by ANI »

How are you proceeding with this problem...?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello ANI,

I've not had an update on this one from my colleagues yet.
I will now ask them, and as soon as I have feedback - I will post it back here!

Cheers,
Stefan
ANI
User

Post by ANI »

Have you got any feedback...?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi ANI,

a Support Request Ticket has been raise for this: RT#4053: Convert to PDF/A-2u: Wingdings2 invalid: Font 'ToUnicode' map has inappropriate values

While it is internal only, any support staff can get you an update. As of today this item has not been acted on. Hopefully in the next few days.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
ANI
User

Post by ANI »

Hi Paul,

Thank you for you reply! It is indeed a relief to know that the problem is being worked on.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi All,

Just a quick update that the issue is now marked as resolved - and the fix will be in the upcoming build.

Cheers,
Stefan
ANI
User

Post by ANI »

I wonder if there are any chances for getting an unofficial fix soon - or can you estimate how soon will the next build be officially released?

This bug has quite effectively suspended most activities we use PDF XChange Editor for, and it is starting to cause real problems. We now have accumulated document processing work pending from last 3+ months...
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

In one of the other threads, I read that the new build is now planned for release in November 2017.

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... 51#p117551
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks Willy,

Yes ANI - indeed the new build is planned for early in November now. We were planning for a late October release, but there have been some complications that made it necessary to postpone the release.

Regards,
Stefan