Request for some new features

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Farhad
User

Request for some new features

Post by Farhad »

Hello

1.I remember in the previous version when we searched for a text, the text found blinked first and then got highlighted which made the whole search process more useful.
2.Also since found text is marked by a yellow highlight, in case the paragraph has already been highlighted in yellow, it is hard to distinguish. Please make the found text highlight customizable.
3.Other programs such as Foxit allow to hold Shift and move objects in horizontal or vertical direction, why not here?
4.And finally "Highlight Area" is a good tool found in Foxit but not here. I know we can use rectangular object as a substitute but the results are totally different

Thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Request for some new features

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Farhad,

Thanks for the post.
1.I remember in the previous version when we searched for a text, the text found blinked first and then got highlighted which made the whole search process more useful.
I'm not sure tha tI understand what you mean here. Can you please elaborate?
2.Also since found text is marked by a yellow highlight, in case the paragraph has already been highlighted in yellow, it is hard to distinguish. Please make the found text highlight customizable.
The Find (Ctrl + F) feature highlights in blue, so that may be a better option if you're only searching for single words. Otherwise, in the Advanced Search pane, under options, you can enable/disable Colored Search Results.
3.Other programs such as Foxit allow to hold Shift and move objects in horizontal or vertical direction, why not here?
I will add a feature request for this, for consideration. For now you can use the Up/Down arrow keys to move objects horizontally.
4.And finally "Highlight Area" is a good tool found in Foxit but not here. I know we can use rectangular object as a substitute but the results are totally different
This can already be done:

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Peter 123
User

Post by Peter 123 »

Hello Will,

Concerning Farhad's first request:
Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Farhad,
I'm not sure that I understand what you mean here. Can you please elaborate?
I think I understand what Farhad means. It is something that in the XChange Viewer still exists (at least with its version 2.5, Build 322.5, which I have on my machine - maybe in the meantime it has changed there too):

Before the definite highlighting of a search result takes place, the background colour for this highlighting flashes very quickly two or three times. It's looking like when you see a flash on the sky. Only after this short flashing the highlighting of the search result can be seen stable.

I hope I could describe it in an understandable way. If not: As mentioned, you can look at it when performing a search with the XChange Viewer.

Concerning the second request (about the colour of highlighting):
Will - Tracker Supp wrote: Otherwise, in the Advanced Search pane, under options, you can enable/disable Colored Search Results.
I only wanted to report that for me this does not work (currently using version 6.0, build 322.5): Regardless of whether the option for "Colored Search Results" is enabled or disabled, the color is always there. That's no problem for me at all (as I prefer the colouring) - I just wanted to mention it.

Apart from this, I agree with Farhad that a possibility for customizing the color for highlighting of the search results would be fine (but at least for me no matter of tremendous importance).
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Peter 123,

Yes I see the "blinking" you describe in the Viewer - I will bring this up for discussion on the next meeting as a feature to be re-introduced in the Editor.

As for the Coloured Search results - it will show itself when you use more than one word for your search:
Coloured_vs_not_coloured_search.png
The first result is with "Coloured Search Results" turned off, and the second is with the same on.

Regards,
Stefan
Peter 123
User

Post by Peter 123 »

Hello Stefan,

thanks for this explanation and the images. Now I understand how it works.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)
Farhad
User

Post by Farhad »

Hello
Sorry for the delay.Thank you for considering those suggestions.
Thank you
Peter 123 wrote:Hello Will,

Concerning Farhad's first request:
Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Farhad,
I'm not sure that I understand what you mean here. Can you please elaborate?
I think I understand what Farhad means. It is something that in the XChange Viewer still exists (at least with its version 2.5, Build 322.5, which I have on my machine - maybe in the meantime it has changed there too):

Before the definite highlighting of a search result takes place, the background colour for this highlighting flashes very quickly two or three times. It's looking like when you see a flash on the sky. Only after this short flashing the highlighting of the search result can be seen stable.

I hope I could describe it in an understandable way. If not: As mentioned, you can look at it when performing a search with the XChange Viewer.

Concerning the second request (about the colour of highlighting):
Will - Tracker Supp wrote: Otherwise, in the Advanced Search pane, under options, you can enable/disable Colored Search Results.
I only wanted to report that for me this does not work (currently using version 6.0, build 322.5): Regardless of whether the option for "Colored Search Results" is enabled or disabled, the color is always there. That's no problem for me at all (as I prefer the colouring) - I just wanted to mention it.

Apart from this, I agree with Farhad that a possibility for customizing the color for highlighting of the search results would be fine (but at least for me no matter of tremendous importance).
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

You are welcome Ferhad!

Cheers,
Stefan