Digital Signatures

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dmathies
User

Digital Signatures

Post by dmathies »

Hello,
I am using a digital signature token with PDF-XChange Editor version 6.0 Build 322.7.

My Problem is that signatures that I create with PDF-XChange Editor appear not to be able to be validated by Adobe Acrobat, however the converse is not true. I attach two documents as examples.

Sign Test.pdf was created & signed in PDF-XChange Editor and appears to validate on PDF-XChange Editor, but on Acrobat it fails (see attached screen shot).

Sign Test Acrobat.pdf was created & signed in Acrobat, and works correctly in both application.

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Best regards,

Derek
Attachments
Error report from Acrobat
Error report from Acrobat
Sign Test Acrobat.pdf
(102.01 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Sign Test.pdf
(66.37 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Digital Signatures

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi dmathies,

Welcome to our forums.

I've forwarded this issue to our Dev team, they will check the provided information and advice further if more information or a remote session is required in order to troubleshoot the problem.
If a remote session is required for this, would you accept someone from our Dev team to connect to your machine so they can investigate the issue?

Regards,
Radi
dmathies
User

Post by dmathies »

Hi,
Thanks for following up. I am happy to allow a remote debugging session if necessary.

Best regards,

Derek.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Derek,

Thanks for letting us know this, I've informed our developers that you will provide a remote access if this is needed.

Regards,
Radi
dmathies
User

Post by dmathies »

Hi,
It's been a couple of weeks, and I was wondering if there has been any progress on my issue?

Best regards,

Derek.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi dmathies,

Our developers are working on improving the digital signatures support for the next build of the Editor.
I do not have the details specific to your case, but our devs are aware of it and are already investigating.

Regards,
Radi
dmathies
User

Post by dmathies »

Hello again,
I was wondering if there was any news regarding my request? Support for digital signatures is very important for us, yet currently we cannot use them with your software.

Best regards,

Derek.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi dmathies,

I am afraid that I do not have anything new on this problem. I've requested an update from our devs on it and will come back to you as soon as I have anything further.

Regards,
Radi
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi dmathies,

Thanks for waiting so patiently.
I've received a confirmation from our developers that they made the needed changes in our signatures and we hope that this will solve the problem.
You will be able to test this in the next build of the Editor.

Regards,
Radi
dmathies
User

Post by dmathies »

Hi Radi,
Many thanks for the good news. Could you led me know how I might have access to the next build of the editor?

Best regards,

Derek.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi dmathies,

Once the new version is released, you will be able to download it here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Regards,
Radi
dmathies
User

Post by dmathies »

Hi,
I just tried version 7.0 (build 323.1), and the problem is still there. Which build number should I be using?

Best regards,

Derek.
JonsG
User

Post by JonsG »

Hi All,
I created one editable PDF using Adobe Live cycle designer ES2.
I used a Signature Field to accept and validate user digital signature. The signature is working fine when I open the form with Adobe software. However when I open with PDF-Xchange Editor the signature filed is not working. Iam getting an error message as "Digital Signing is not supported for documents which contains XFA forms".
Could anyone please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you,JonsG
Last edited by JonsG on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello JonsG,

Welcome to our forums.
I am afraid that indeed this is the current behaviour. As XFA forms are quire complex, and are not as well documented as some other parts of the PDF specification - we do not support those at 100%, and some features like signing them are not yet working - hence the message.
We will try to make this work in the future, but for the moment I do not have an estimate when this will be.

Regards,
Stefan
dmathies
User

Post by dmathies »

Hi,
I just tried version 7.0 build 323.2, and the problem is still there. Do you have any information as to when this problem might be resolved?

Best regards,

Derek.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Derek,

I do not have any specific date yet - but will ask the devs once again, and post back here as soon as I have any feedback!

Regards,
Stefan
mpagels1
User

Post by mpagels1 »

As more than a year has passed since the last update to this question, and we still cannot sign documents with XFA inclusions, do you yet know when that feature will become available? I work with a lot of government forms, nearly all of them include XFA, and all require signatures.

Michael
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello mpagels1,

Unfortunately, XFA is a very complex variation, and as Adobe has not yet released the source for it, we can only work with it through large amounts of trial an error. Even with simple functions, Each can take weeks to implement XFA support for, Signing on the other hand is far from simple and thus, while it has been in the works for quite some time, we still cannot give a reliable estimate for when it may possibly be ready.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
dmathies
User

Post by dmathies »

Hello,
Thanks for the update. My interested is with Digital Signatures rather than XFA. I appreciate that this thread has grown to include XFA, but my original request was for 'basic' digital signing.

Do you have an update for just this capability (I appreciate that it is still a complex issue - I just didn't want to conflate the topic by including independent issues).

Best regards,

Derek.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello dmathies,

No worries, regarding the original issue, I do believe this should have been addressed in a recent build, so if you are not running build 331.0 I would advise updating, and attempting that signing once again. Please share the new documents (signed in V8 build 331.0) here once again if that issue still persists.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com