freeze Ups on an Ipad, when using a PDF from editor

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cdmsd02
User

freeze Ups on an Ipad, when using a PDF from editor

Post by cdmsd02 »

Hi all:

Getting a freeze Ups on an Ipad, when using a PDF from the editor.
simple script for text jump, but nothing else I can see...
Seems to do it even just jumping to another text area the has the scrip, even if nothing was written.
Any thoughts?

Clint-
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: freeze Ups on an Ipad, when using a PDF from editor

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Clint,

Thank you for your post. Please send us this PDF. Please also specify the app you are using on your iPad.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
cdmsd02
User

Post by cdmsd02 »

ServiceForm.rar
1ST PAGE IS DONE, STILL WORKING REST
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
Adobe Acrobat reader for IOS
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello cdmsd02,

Thanks for the sample file.
I see that the file was originally created by another product (Neat) - so I presume you are then modifying this to add the form fields with the Editor?
Can you please check which build of the Editor you have on your machine - and if it's not 322.7 - please make sure to update.

Patrick will bring his iPad in the office when he comes a bit later today - and we will tun some tests with that form on his device to see if we can reproduce the freezes.

Regards,
Stefan
cdmsd02
User

Post by cdmsd02 »

YUP - build 322.7
Neat is a scanner software

thanks

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello cdmsd02,

Thanks for the sample file.
I see that the file was originally created by another product (Neat) - so I presume you are then modifying this to add the form fields with the Editor?
Can you please check which build of the Editor you have on your machine - and if it's not 322.7 - please make sure to update.

Patrick will bring his iPad in the office when he comes a bit later today - and we will tun some tests with that form on his device to see if we can reproduce the freezes.

Regards,
Stefan
cdmsd02
User

Post by cdmsd02 »

Did you guys have any luck???

-Clint-
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Clint,

I was able to reproduce this issue. I suspect this to be an issue with the way Neat is creating PDF files or the way Adobe reader for iOS handles JavaScript. I may be mistaken but if memory serves, Acrobat for IOS has limited if no support for JavaScript.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

It's worth mentioning that Acrobat for iPad may freeze and crash, but at least it allows to enter something into a selected form field for this file. Freeze/crash also only seems to happen once you enter something or navigate within form fields.

I tried various other PDF apps and all showed the same behavior, about a second after selecting a form field it is automatically deselected again, so nothing can be entered. As a consequence nothing can be entered and no crashes happen.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Timur,

Thanks for sharing your investigation.
We do not normally have iPads for testing in house, and Patrick is the only one in the team that has a personal device - but it would seem like the issue is generally with the tools available for iPads and how they handle PDF files. It will be nice to test with a form that has not been touched by the Editor - I suspect any such will work the same (incorrect) way.

Regards,
Stefan