Smaller "cloudy" border

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mre
User

Smaller "cloudy" border

Post by mre »

Is it possible to get a smaller cloudy border style? It doesn't look great if we have to draw tiny shapes.

Thanks
Michael
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Smaller "cloudy" border

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Michael,

I am sorry but no - it is not possible to change the size of each element of the cloud border shape.

Regards,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

I do not know if it can help, but in PDF-XChange Editor V6 - by using CTRL + 5 - you can switch between "thin lines" and let us say "real lines".

So, when real lines are being shown, you can act on the line thickness properties of the cloud shape/comment.
By default it is "1 pt", but you can pick an other value or even type your own value if you like. See attached screenshot.

Best regards.
Attachments
Cloud line thickness.zip
(55.54 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Willy,

Thanks for those suggestions, but I believe the original request was for the 'semi circles' that the cloud tool consists of being larger or smaller themselves. This will unfortunately not change with the width of the outline applied on them. However there are two sizes for those - "Cloudy" and "Cloudy Extra":
cloudy.png
cloudy.png (10.82 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Regards,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Thanks Stefan. I surely misunderstood the question.

If it goes about smaller waves for the cloudy border style (to apply this on tiny shapes), than I would opt for dotted/dashed lines as a work-around.

Still an other solution would be to use the snapshot tool, taking a photo of a large shape (with cloudy borders), then paste it as a picture and reduce it.

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Willy,

Thanks for the suggestion for the snapshot tool! This can indeed work! :)
As for why it's not possible to dynamically change these - the way the border is displayed is determined by an "appearance dictionary" - which can not be dynamically modified, and that is why only one of the presets already available can be used.

Cheers,
Stefan