Use rightcklick in pencil Mode to erase

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Philosoph
User

Use rightcklick in pencil Mode to erase

Post by Philosoph »

Hello,

your program is realy cool. Best to work with a stylus. But one point would help to work faster.
Can I use the "Erase button" on my stylus (it is an acer Active Stylus ASA630)? When I press this Button in OneNote it uses the eraser.

Alternativ: is it possible to use the right click not for the context-menu but to use the eraser?
That would be pretty cool, because its is much faster to click the button than find the erase-button in the menu and then an other time after erase to go back to pencil mode.

Thanks for help
Phil
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Use rightcklick in pencil Mode to erase

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Philosoph,

Thank you for the post. Please try to go to Edit> Preferences> Commenting and activate the option "Switch to pencil tool with digitizer".

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Philosoph
User

Post by Philosoph »

Hello Patrick,

thanks for the tip but that makes no difference. I think if the X-Change Editor have no option to configure what happens use right klick (example "eraser"), there is no other solution.

Regards Phil
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Phil,

Can you please check your stylus' driver - and see if there is an option to toggle the behaviour of that button - and see if you can make it switch directly to eraser tool from there?

I know of some users using different devices where the other side of the stylus acts as an eraser - and this works correctly in the Editor as well.

Cheers,
Stefan