Special Macro "Auto number"

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Portugars
User

Special Macro "Auto number"

Post by Portugars »

It would be nice to have a Macro like Auto Number or Auto Page were we could inform te number of the fist page, when we use the function of extrating pages from a pdf, and the metod is 1 page per file name, for example, instead of starting whith numbering 01, 02, 03 we could indicate the number that we want to be the fist file name and than incrise 1 per fil/page.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Special Macro "Auto number"

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Portugars,

Welcome to our forums.
Do you need that macro to update/change part of the file name or do you want those numbers to be added inside on the pages?
If you want them on the pages - then please use e.g. the Document -> Header and footer option - to add the desired numbers, and then do the extraction one page at a time.

Regards,
Stefan
Portugars
User

Post by Portugars »

Hi Stefan, i just need to pick up a pdf file and separate is pages one page per file, (i do that already whith the extract pages option) but the name of that files i would like to start whith a number, ex: 3256.pdf and the other files should be encremented by +1, 3257.pdf, 3258.pdf.......
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Portugars,

You can add the %[AutoNumber] macro to the names of the files - however you can not control at what number it will start.

Regards,
Stefan
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Portugars,

This feature will be available from the new major build 323. The macro itself will look like this:
%[AutoNumber:n;m]
Where n is number of digits and m is an offset (or a starting number if you like it to call it that way).

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
joshhuggins
User

Post by joshhuggins »

Sasha - Tracker Dev Team wrote:Hello Portugars,

This feature will be available from the new major build 323. The macro itself will look like this:
%[AutoNumber:n;m]
Where n is number of digits and m is an offset (or a starting number if you like it to call it that way).

Cheers,
Alex
I just stumbled across this while searching for something else, this is good to know. It is missing from the online manual section https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe7 ... er_ed.html
Thanks!
Josh Huggins
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello joshhuggins,
I see mention of the function in the newest version of the manual, you may still have the old manual cached.
Please attempt pressing Ctrl+F5 to reload the page, and failing at that, open your browser options and clear your cached webpages, you should find the new V7 ribbon manual in place, With the %[AutoNumber:n;m] function detailed on the page you've linked.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com