Negative values in Print>Gutter parameter

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

smauro_men
User

Negative values in Print>Gutter parameter

Post by smauro_men »

Hi everibody of Tracker Software Team,
I'm a very satisfied user of your excellent PDF-Xchange Viewer ,

I use very often your software and I would like to have the following funcion improved:

It could be possible to have the possibility to enter negative values in Print>Gutter parameter?
Actually you cannot overlay wide borders at the center of printed page when you print in scaling type Booklet>Broshure.
A negative value in Gutter could reduce the space between printed text colums of text when you have a document with wide paper borders
or eliminate unwated printed material beyond the cutting marks (only at of pages union)

I enclose two images of printed pages:
1) an actual Broshure print output (annotated)
annotated  print output
annotated print output
2) a real cutted and pasted print output, that could be obtained directly with a negative value for gutter...
really cutted and pasted
really cutted and pasted
thank a lot if you could take in serious consideration this useful upgrade

Bye
Mauros
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Negative values in Print>Gutter parameter

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Mauros,

This will only happen if your pages combined width is less than the width of the paper on which you want to print them.
If printing to virtual devices - simply manipulate the paper size to match the ratio of the two pages, or if printing to real paper - consider "resizing" the pages first in the PDF file - by adding 1/2 the needed negative gutter to the left of odd pages, and 1/2 to the right of even one (or the other way around) - and this should then bring the centers together when output to paper.

Regards,
Stefan