Scanning more pages / Automatic every x seconds - plus custom settings for scanner

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

apee
User

Scanning more pages / Automatic every x seconds - plus custom settings for scanner

Post by apee »

Hello everybody,

I regularly need to scan a couple of hundred pages in automatic mode (starting a new scan every x seconds). Unfortunately my scanner wants that I tweak the contrast setting in the scanner settings dialog in order to get a satisfying grey-scale image, so I ticked the "show native UI" option and set the relevant option. First scan is fine, but then, after every scan, the settings dialog pops up again, the custom settings being replaced by the default settings. Not really the idea of automatic mode when you need both hands to turn pages of a large-format book. Do I make a mistake or do I just miss a hint to keep the custom settings for the whole scan?

Thank you very much
apee
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Scanning more pages / Automatic every x seconds - plus custom settings for scanner

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Ape,

This may be a limitation to your scanner's software. What happens when you deselect 'show native UI'?

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
apee
User

Re: Scanning more pages / Automatic every x seconds - plus custom settings for scanner

Post by apee »

Hello Patrick,

When I deselect 'show native UI' everything works well: I can go ahead using the automatic mode for as many pages as I want, only that I can't use the settings I need in that mode.

I have to be more precise to describe the problem step by step: I select 'show native UI' and 'more pages' after 5 seconds, click on 'scan', the native UI pops up, I change the settings, click on the scan button of the native UI, the native UI disappears, the scan is executed, PDF-XChange editor gives me the choice between stopping the scan process or waiting for the next scan to be automatically started after 5 seconds, after 5 s the native UI pops up again with the need to click on the 'scan' button of the native UI and so on...

You are right: I found a way to tell the scanner's software to remember the settings from one scan to the next. What remains an obstacle to the automatic mode is the fact that the scan button of the native UI needs to be pressed for every new scan. I suppose there is no way to let the PDF-XChange editor's automatic mode do that for me or to bypass the native UI in a way that the settings remain valid?

In the meantime I found a surprisingly convenient workaround: I just place my logitech wireless numberpad close to the scanner. That way with the return key I have a physical 'scan' button and don't need the automatic mode anymore.

Thanks
apee
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Apee,

Glad to hear you've found a workaround!

Regards,
Stefan