Freezing when opening pdf

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

KarlInOz
User

Freezing when opening pdf

Post by KarlInOz »

Hi There,
Windows 10. PDF-Xchange Editor 6.0 build 322.7
I have a specific PDF which I can open fine. However when I scroll down to page 4 PDF X-Change Editor freezes and I have to use the Windows task manager to crash out of it. I can work around the issue by turning on Exclusive Mode after which I can freely browse the document including the page that causes issues.

There seems to be some element on page 4 which is causing the issue and is ignored when Exclusive Mode is turned on. Are there an preferences I could try adjusting so I can work with Exclusive Mode turned on? It is only this document and the particular page which is causing the problem.

TIA,
Karl
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Freezing when opening pdf

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi Karl,

Once you enable Exclusive mode for any tool, it should remain enabled until you disable it. You can also turn on Exclusive mode by holding down Shift.

If you provide the document with which you experience this issue, we can investigate why this is happening and possibly think of a more permanent solution for the problem.
If you do not wish to post the file on a public forum, you can send it to us via e-mail at support@pdf-xchange.com.

Regards,
Radi