PDF Exchange Editor not Scaling on Secondary Display

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

william sensakovic
User

PDF Exchange Editor not Scaling on Secondary Display

Post by william sensakovic »

Running on a Dell XPS 13 9350. Display resolution 3200x1800 (recommended). Editor version 6 Build 322.7.
No issues on single diaplay - everything looks great!

Plug in secondary diaplay (Extended Desktop) - HP Compaq LA2006x. Display resolution 1600x900 (recommended).
Editor looks good on the Dell, but shifting to the Compaq display results in the UI font becoming massive (see screen shots below).

Note that other programs scale correctly to the secondary display - when dragging them over they are also massive for about 0.5seconds and then rescale correctly.
My guess is that PDF Exchange Editor has <dpiAware> in its windows manifest set to True instead of True/PM which is True Per Monitor. As a result it is scaling to my primary monitor but does not rescale to my secondary monitor. See a discussion of the problem that someone else posted on a windows superuser forum here https://superuser.com/questions/1095211 ... nd-monitor. I am also guessing that since most of the time monitors are similar resolutions this is seldom an issue for people.

I am writing in hopes that either 1) there is something I can do about it in my current build (maybe I am wrong about why this is happening?) or 2) that a developer from Tracker will read this and flip the switch in their manifest to make it dpiAware per monitor.

good.PNG
bad.PNG
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF Exchange Editor not Scaling on Secondary Display

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello william sensakovic,

Welcome to our forums.
Unfortunately there is not much you can do from your end, and we will need to look at this from our side and see why it is not working properly for you.
I will now pass this to a colleague that deals with these issues in the dev team - and we will post back here as soon as we have some further news!

Cheers,
Stefan

p.s. I have just spoken with the lead dev for the Editor - and he has told me that we are working on getting this fixed - and will give me a test version to try shortly!
cgaube
User

Post by cgaube »

Hi,

Thought I would add to this thread as it is a VERY similar problem, and it has some good information in it. I thought this may have been implemented already, and maybe it has, and I have a different problem.

I have made sure I am running the most current version of PDF Xchange, 7.0.328.0
I never had this problem on my old laptop when connecting the same screen... however, with the new laptop, I have some scaling issues. '

Laptop is a Dell 9370 with screen resolution of 3840x2160 (recommended in windows) with scaling set at 250%
My second monitor currently (I have tested on multiple displays now, same issue) is 1920x1080 (recommended) scaling at 100%

When the program window is displayed on the laptop, it appears correct. Navigation buttons are the right size, tool bar is good.

When I drag it to the second monitor, the tool bars, navigation ect, are huge and take up well over 1/3rd of the screen. All other windows from other programs dragged over to the second monitor also scale correctly. I have attached a screen shot for reference (you can see MS word shows just fine).

Hope someone can help me out with this,

Thank you in advance,
Attachments
Capture.JPG
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello cgaube,

Thank you for bringing this here, Likely you need to enable our System scale option, this can be selected from the preferences (Ctrl+K) under General:
DMKB18December1011.png
Note that a resart is required for the change to take full effect.
I hope It helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com