Cannot find font size for menu "Add text"

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Msorich
User

Cannot find font size for menu "Add text"

Post by Msorich »

Hello everyone!
I cannot find where I can change font size for menu "Add text".
Could someone shed a light on this?

Thanks.
HaPe
User

Re: Cannot find font size for menu "Add text"

Post by HaPe »

Hi @Msorich
check out the link below:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... nge-Editor

HaPe
Msorich
User

Post by Msorich »

Thank you HaPe of course for youre reply and link.
But the menu "Add text" has nothing to do with annotations and comments, I think. I have no troubles with font size changing for that.
The menu "Add text" is positioned as part of content, so I have no idea where I have to change this font or its size and so forth.

Msorich
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

The available settings for "Add Text" are similar to those for "Edit Comments", but you can only see them while you are really adding text:

1) Make sure that the Properties toolbar is being displayed in PDF-XChange Editor, via a right mouse click in the empty zone at right side of the items in the "Menu" toolbar and activating the check box near to "Properties"

2) Now, click the "Add Text" button in the "Content Editing" toolbar

3) Click somewhere on the page to start adding text

4) You should now see changing the "Properties" toolbar. It will be showing all the needed text-formatting options.
There you can change the Font, Font size, Bold, Italic, Underscore, everything you prefer.
Note: if you like to change the properties of existing text, you must first select that text before touching the settings.

5) To set the preferred formatting of your text as default, just select a part of it and click the "Set as default" button in the Properties toolbar.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,
You can change the font size and other text options for the add text tool exactly like a commenting too. Select the add text tool, click on the document to create a bounding box. You will then see the text properties in the properties toolbar.

The same is true when modifying existing text, you need only select the edit content tool, double-click to select the bounding box, then select the text within and change the properties:

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Msorich
User

Post by Msorich »

Thank you guys. I've got it.

Could not find it because there should be activated so-called "Properties line" which appears just after click on the button "Add text". Thanks for screen shot.

However, if you have not activated "properties line", there should be some "rain dance" performed to get "Properties" after right click on the text field. Please see screen shot attached. In other words if you have deactivated properties line (in order to get more space) you are deprived of opportunity to change properties preliminary, as it works for comments or annotations. I mean right click on any comment button, then select "Comments styles pallete".

Msorich
Attachments
properties line deactivated.jpg
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Msorich,

Glad to hear you found the needed menus.
The properties toolbar will normally be as compact as possible, and if no tool is selected is quite small. It does change dynamically based on what you have selected, and I believe is one of the toolbars that is almost aways needed - even if you hide most other tools, you will still use some tools from time to time, and then will need this toolbar for their customization.

As for the suggestion for modification of the context menu - I will pass them along - but I can not promise if it will be accepted and implemented.

Regards,
Stefan