Bulk edit bookmark zoom properties

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Earthlark
User

Bulk edit bookmark zoom properties

Post by Earthlark »

Is there a way to bulk edit the properties of bookmarks so that I can change the zoom level? (I see that can change the setting "Forbid the change....." in the page display settings, but I need these changes to be present across the devices that I use, e.g., phone, ereader, etc.)

If there is no way to bulk edit the bookmarks within PDF X-Change, can I export the bookmarks, do a search and replace, and then import them? I tried to do this exporting a bookmark txt file, which makes it easy to change, but I couldn't find a way to import the bookmark text file. Also tried this with xcbkm file, but it looks like the contents can't be read with text editor. It seems strange that editable bookmarks can't be imported to PDF X-Change, so I must be missing something.

Thanks in advance for any insights!
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Bulk edit bookmark zoom properties

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Are you looking for the third option in the Advanced-menu > Bookmarks > "Generate Bookmarks From Text File" ?

It does just the opposite of "Export Bookmarks To Text File".

If it would be called "Import Bookmarks From Text File", it would be more obvious ?

Best regards.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Bulk edit bookmark zoom properties

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Willy. :-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com