BUG: Encrypted PDF with attachments - printing of unprotected attachments not available

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

guebert
User

BUG: Encrypted PDF with attachments - printing of unprotected attachments not available

Post by guebert »

Hallo!

Since today we get messages from on of our partners encrypted with "https://www.nospamproxy.de/de/". This server sends an "envelope" PDF which is encrypted and printing not allowed.

To open this message, I have to enter a password and then I can see the envelope and attachments.

The message (letter) itself is an attachment of this envelope. This letter is neither encrypted nor protected. But I can't print it with PDFX. It works fine with Adobe Reader DC.

Now it's getting strange: When saving the attachment to desktop and open it, I have two tabs of the same doc (opened as attachment first and now the separate file). NOW the attachement it available for printing, too!!!

It seems to be a bug in PDFX and I ask you to fix it.

Because of security reasons, I can't provide a sample PDF. The content is confidential (of course and therefore encrypted ;-)

Michael
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: BUG: Encrypted PDF with attachments - printing of unprotected attachments not available

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Michael,

Can you please share one such file so that we can take a look?
If the files are confidential and can't be shared in the forums - please e-mail us a copy to support@pdf-xchange.com

Regards,
Stefan
guebert
User

Re: BUG: Encrypted PDF with attachments - printing of unprotected attachments not available

Post by guebert »

Stefan,

the messages are confidential. May I ask you to fetch examples from the provider of the message-encryption-system ("https://www.nospamproxy.de/de/")?

Michael
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Michael,

Please make a non-confidential file that reproduces this problem - then we can advice further.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
guebert
User

Post by guebert »

Alex,

this is a misunderstanding: I can't produce such a file, because we do not use that system. We just get such files from our business partner, who uses the mail encryption server

https://www.nospamproxy.de/en/product/n ... ncryption/

Could you please contact the software developer for nospamproxy to get samples?

https://www.nospamproxy.de/en/support/support-request/

Support +49 5251 304-636

support@nospamproxy.de

Many thanks!

Michael
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello Michael,

Maybe you can post a few print screens of the several steps you must go through before being able to see the protected content.
It is important that we can see the icons, buttons or windows, not the text or content of the message.
Just to have an idea about the application and/or files behind it.

1) The "envelope" is probably an encrypted mail ?

2) You have to introduce the password to open that mail, and then you can see the content of the mail with the PDF as attachment ?

3) You have to double click the PDF to open it (a single click just shows a 'preview') ?
If you do this, you probably see the PDF as a "temporary file" and you have to save this file somewhere to be able to print it?

Regards.
guebert
User

Post by guebert »

Stefan,
Alex,
Willy,

I sent you screenshots with some explanations via E-Mail. Subject is the name of this thread.

I'm looking forward to reading from you.

Michael
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the file with the screenshots. I managed to create a sample file that reproduces the issue (attached) - and a colleague from the dev team I spoke with about this said he will try to fix it for V7 of the Editor.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
main.pdf
user password: qwerty
owner password: 123456
(9.81 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

fixed in new build
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
guebert
User

Post by guebert »

Ivan,

great news! When will it be released?

Michael
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

... provisional release date is next Monday the 27th ... (November 2017)

Announced here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... 98#p118204
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Yep indeed!

That's the plan!

Cheers,
Stefan