Inserting new pages by button

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Thomas W.
User

Inserting new pages by button

Post by Thomas W. »

I've a pdf-file with an button (on page 3) "Weitere Blätter einfügen" (Add new pages).
  • If I do use this button in Adobe Reader I get a popup "Verfügbare Vorlagen" (Templates available) and a popup "VERD2". This will insert a new page with same layout as page 3. (See image Adobe_Reader.png)
  • If I do use this button in PDF-XChange Editor I do get an error message "Keine Vorlagenseite(n) gefunden" (Didn't found template page(s)). (See image PDF-XChange_Editor.png)
I do have the following questions:
  • Why PDF-XChange Editor doesn't recognize the template?
  • How can I work with templates pages using PDF-XChange Editor?
Regards
Thomas
Attachments
PDF-XChange_Editor.png
Adobe_Reader.png
Adobe_Reader.png (8.86 KiB) Viewed 598 times
313_VHB2016_OhneLose_ohneInstand.pdf
(851.79 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Inserting new pages by button

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Thomas W,

Thanks for your post and the sample file.
This is a dynamic XFA form (the dynamic bit being the addition of the new pages) - and unfortuantely for the moment we do not support those fully.
I will pass your sample to my colleagues working on this kind of forms for investigation, and to see what we can do to support this type of file better.

For the time being however you will need to use a different product to fill them in.

Regards,
Stefan