Shattered into pieces Add Text field.

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Msorich
User

Shattered into pieces Add Text field.

Post by Msorich »

hello everyone
It's hard to explain... in addition, unfortunately I cannot provide a sample for youre better understanding.

Once I opened recently created file with inserted text (I used Add Text menu) and images.
I was surprised that some text fields which were created by Add Text menu look like as though they had shattered into pieces.
Of course all the letters of the text were mixed. I had to rewrite text newly. But it happened again after closing/opening of the file.
So I had to use function of typewriter.

Anyone else have already faced with something similar?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Shattered into pieces Add Text field.

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Can you please make a test with the latest build?

Myself, I am not able to reproduce the problem with PDF-XChange Editor V6, build 322.7

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

May I ask why you can not provide us with a sample file?
Are you unable to reproduce the problem in a "new" PDF?
Msorich
User

Post by Msorich »

This issue is probably sporadic.Not knowing of conditions of appearance I cannot reproduce it.
I made a new file (build 332.5) called it as experiment, put there a picture and text field that contains various signs.
Closed/opened that. It still looks perfectly. Probably it needs to wait couple of days or so. In other words, I still cannot catch, so to speak, conditions of appearance. :(
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Msorich,

We will need a consistently reproducible set of instructions to be able to look at and try to fix a problem, and it needs to be present in the latest build - as a bug in the older build might have already been addressed in the latest one.

I am happy you are not experiencing the issue now, and hope it was a one off, rather than a more consistent issue, but if you do manage to reproduce it again (after an update) - do let us know!

Cheers,
Stefan