where is the option for bullet points

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

philip1324523
User

where is the option for bullet points

Post by philip1324523 »

I can not find an option to use bullet points on my version of pdf exchange editor
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: where is the option for bullet points

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

For as far as I know there is not (yet) an option for bullets or numbered lists in PDF-XChange Editor.

This could be a feature request.

As an alternative (for this moment), you can type ALT + 0149 for the creation of a bullet at the beginning of your text.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Willy, philip1324523,

I spent some time digging through the PDF ISO specification, and could not find any way to create such lists, so I ended up searching if anyone else has found a solution with an alternative products, and it seems like even those that created the PDF specification do not offer such a feature. So if it is not there for them - then it's definitely not in the specification (I did this search to rule out me not being able to find it in the documentation myself).
You can read a bit more here.

Cheers,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

One of your competitors (Fo**t Reader) has the bullet option available when typing a text comment.

Best regards.
AndyK
User

Post by AndyK »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote:...you can type ALT + 0149 for the creation of a bullet
or simple: ALT + 7 = •
;-)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Willy,

I see they do have it now - but that's some custom appearance they apply to the text, and things can get a bit tricky with those.
I will pass it along for consideration for our own Editor, but can't make any promises.
For now please do add the bullet points manually as per some of the other suggestions in this topic - Alt + 7 worked nicely for me!

Cheers,
Stefan