V7 print issue

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

vatualmon
User

V7 print issue

Post by vatualmon »

I have a print AutoCAD issue: when I use V7 PDF-Xchange Standart printer some lines are missing and appears artifacts that are not on the original drawing. When I use old V6 driver, everything is correct (see attachments).
Attachments
V7.jpg
V6.jpg
RMan
User

Re: V7 print issue

Post by RMan »

If you look at the Document Properties in the PDF-XChange Editor I think the PDF-Producer should say GDI or XPS in part fot eh description. Which one does yours say?
vatualmon
User

Post by vatualmon »

The correct pdf says "PDF Producer: PDF-XChange Printer V6 (6.0 build 321) [Windows 10 Professional x64 (Build 16299)]"
The incorrect one says "PDF Producer: PDF-XChange Standard (7.0 build 323) [GDI] [Windows 10 Professional x64 (Build 16299)]"
vatualmon
User

Post by vatualmon »

Yes, that's the answer!
The driver mode V7 is on Auto(DPI) by default. If I switch the V7 to XPS driver mode, everything works fine again.

Thanks RMan
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

If you use lines merge or transparency in your AutoCAD drawings XPS is not a good choice because AutoCAD itself will rasterize the Output so you end up with an image based PDF basically. Typically the file size is larger and when you zoom in close the diagonal lines and such are not as clean looking.

The XPS problem is AutoCAD's fault and it does it to any XPS based driver.

If you would like to do an etransmit of the dwg and email it over to me at support@cadzation.com I'm already working with their programming team on some other AutoCAD drawings. We specialize in AutoCAD to PDF and DWF conversion and use Tracker's products in our products.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks RMan!

we are as you say working on this. :-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com