Preview

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Zacchia
User

Preview

Post by Zacchia »

Hi
Using Version 7.0 Build 323.0.

1. There is no preview possible anymore
2. I can create a new Ribbon tab for example "Favoriten" but I can not insert some icons there by using "arrange toolbars". This is not working.

Thanks for feedback

Nice evening, Bruno
Attachments
Neues Dokument.pdf
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 100 times
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Preview

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

1) The Preview in MS Outlook not working anymore is a known issue and will be cured in the next release (according to Tracker Software Support).
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... 62&t=29969

2) Not being able to add icons in a new toolbar via the new Ribbon UI, is a new issue (for as far as I know).
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

2. I can create a new Ribbon tab for example "Favoriten" but I can not insert some icons there by using "arrange toolbars". This is not working.
2) Not being able to add icons in a new toolbar via the new Ribbon UI, is a new issue (for as far as I know).
Not exactly. Its possible to customize Ribbon. Yes, you cannot just simple put command-item on to empty Ribbon-tab, but you may put onto it any existing toolbar. For that you may take any standard toolbar(in other words - group) from other tabs or create your own toolbar and drag-n-drop it onto your tab.

For sure, its not obvious and we will think more how to simplify that process..
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Hi Vasyl and Tracker Support,

I think there is a misunderstanding. For me, it does not go about simplifying the process.

It just goes about the fact that - currently - you can not add command-items to a new ribbon.

I know that there is no problem to add command-items to new or existing toolbars and to standard ribbons.

Best regards.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

It just goes about the fact that - currently - you can not add command-items to a new ribbon.
It seems I know where problem is located...
Can you try:
1. start to use "Customise Toolbars" feature (do not close that dialogue as it will end the customisation process)
2. create a new empty ribbon-tab ("Customize Toolbars/Toolbars" tab, see the toolbar above the list)
3. switch to any other existing tab(non-empty) and look for any containing toolbar (group) inside it and then click-n-hold on special toolbar's gripper area to move it:
ToolbarGripperToDnD.png
and simply drag it to your new empty tab and release the mouse button on the left edge of empty space below your tab. The toolbar will be moved to your tab as well. Result:
ResultOfDnDToolbar.png
You can do it with any toolbar, standard or custom..

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Thanks Vasyl for the additional information.

Indeed, copying/moving a toolbar/group from an existing ribbon to a new ribbon works.

Adding icons to, or removing icons from this toolbar/group also works, but this is also duplicated in the original toolbar/group.

I see no way to rename the copied/moved group, or to create a new group.
I guess this functionality is still missing.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

I see no way to rename the copied/moved group, or to create a new group.
For sure you cannot rename standard group(toolbar). But you may create own group by:
CreateNewToolbarInRibbon.png
and fill it by command-items as you need:
FillCustomToolbar.png
and then dock it to your own ribbon-tab:
CustomToolbarInRbTab.png
Vasyl Yaremyn
Project Developer

Zacchia
User

Post by Zacchia »

Thanks anyone:)

Problem 1 will be fixed sometimes, is OK
Problem 2: For me it is wrong that I can not "fill" my customised own ribbons in the way i can do in standard ribbons. No problem for me but i think this has to work same way. Will this be added in future?

Have a nice day!
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Hello Vasyl, Zacchia and everyone following this thread

I finally understand how it works. It is a while ago that it took me such a long time ...

In fact we are used to think in terms of Microsoft applications, where we had toolbars in the past and we now have ribbons instead.

In the new Ribbon UI in PDF-XChange Editor we have ribbons and in these ribbons we can put toolbars.
Finally, in these toolbars we can put command-items via drag-and-drop.

So:
- first switch to the new Ribbon UI
- right click and Customize Toolbars
- in the Toolbars tab, click New > New Ribbon Tab, give it a name and click OK
- the new tab will be add besides the other tabs on top of the window
- click onto the new tab. You will see the empty ribbon
- again in the Toolbars tab (in the Customize Toolbars dialog box), click New > New Toolbar, give it a name and click OK
- a tiny new toolbar will be shown at the left, just below the new empty ribbon
- at this time, you can just drag-and-drop the new toolbar onto the new ribbon, to make it part of it
- now, click the Commands tab, click the command of your choice and drag it onto the new toolbar
- continue like that for every additional item you like to add to the new toolbar
- if you like, use the above instructions to create additional ribbons and/toolbars
- once you are done, click Close (to close the Customize Toolbars dialog box)

I hope this helps for everyone.

Some 'feedback' would be appreciated, to know if this finally works for you too.

Best regards.
Zacchia
User

Post by Zacchia »

Thanks Willy

Sorry but not able to fill my own toolbar... Something i do wrong... But really not a problem, not so important...
Attachments
2017-12-08 10_31_49-Greenshot.pdf
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Hello Zacchia

If I were you, I should not give up yet, because I see you are almost at the goal.

The trick is to drag-and-drop your toolbar "Eigene" onto the ribbon "Favoriten", but instead of trying to drop it in the middle, you must drop it towards the utmost left side of the ribbon. I have add a one-page PDF with some print screens to better explain what I mean.

I am almost sure this will finally help you out.

Regards.
Attachments
Using the new Ribbon UI in PDF-XChange Editor.pdf
(88.57 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Zacchia
User

Post by Zacchia »

Bingo!!!
Thank you so much Willy!!
Very frendly and usefull!!
Best whishes Bruno
Willy Van Nuffel
User

I am happy that you finally got it resolved.

Also thanks to Vasyl Yaremyn for his support.

:-)
Zacchia
User

Post by Zacchia »

Thanks to all very much!!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Happiness all around! ;-)

:-D
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Hi there,

Maybe it´s better to create a new topic, but see:

I followed this conversation and it is working as desired in most of the cases, at least.
I am not able to move a created toolbar, filled with commands, to the ribbon menu "Addon Tools".
This menu is created at startup because of my javascripts I use. It would be nice to have the possibility
to add to this "Addon Tools" menu my own toolbar beside - even if there are no Javascripts.

Thanks a lot,
Kind regards,
"You cannot know the meaning of your life until you are connected to the power that created you.”
Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, founder of Sahaja Yoga
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Maybe the following might help ...

- First, make sure to switch to the new Ribbon User Interface

- Then, right click on whatever ribbon, and click Customize toolbars

- Click onto the tab of the ribbon where you have a toolbar that you like to move to an other ribbon

- Now grab the concerning toolbar, drag it over the name/label of the destination ribbon so that this ribbon goes open, keep dragging and move/drop it after or between the toolbars that already are present in the ribbon.

NOTE: I see that it is not always possible to add a toolbar at the end (right side) of the already existing toolbars; sometimes I must drag the toolbar in between the other toolbars. I do not know if this is a bug or not. I should still try this, once I have installed the new build 323.1
This most recent build is not yet available to me (maybe later this evening or tomorrow).

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Yogi,

Yes the "Add on Tools" is currently only for custom JS actions you've added in the relevant folder, and can not be used to put other tools on it. It is dynamically created at the start of the Editor and that's why it is locked.

P.S. Just spoke with Vasyl, and he confirmed that because this "Add-on Tools" toolbar is created dynamically, it can not at the same time be made customizable, so that you can add other tools to it, so unfortunately it can not be made customizable.

Regards,
Stefan
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Hi,

So I was on the right track.
Maybe the "add on tools" can be just disabled if there is no Javascript AND no customisation (if customisation will be enabled for this)
for users who don´t need it.

Thanks for considering,
and also thanks to Willy :-)

Kind regards,
"You cannot know the meaning of your life until you are connected to the power that created you.”
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Yogi,

if your
%AppData%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\JavaScripts folder is empty or non existent - the "Add-on Tools" should not be created or visible in the Editor at all, and if you create other custom toolbars - they will stay there, so yes the Add-on Tools is already a dynamically created/destroyed one.

Cheers,
Stefan
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Hi Yogi.

Exists another reason when "Add-on Tools" toolbar might be shown by Editor. Some documents may contain special Java-scripts that may add own command-items in menu/toolbars. In that case the Add-on toolbar might be shown when you just open such document. But these documents are too rare..

Please let us known if your %AppData%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\JavaScripts is empty and when you using normal documents only - you still have visible the "Add-on Tools" tab/toolbar. There can be unknown issue..

Thanks.

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Project Developer

yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Hi Vasyl,

For me the Addon Tool bar is a fix part of PDFXChange, because I have some Javascripts with userdefined icons I use often.
The scripts are always there, so the Addon Toolbar will be there as well, even created at startup and destroyed at shutdown.

For me it would be nice to enhance the Addon Toolbar with own toolbars/commands, using some commands in this context heavily.
OK, could use some key shortcuts, but beside the standard windows keys strg<c>/<v> I don´t use the shortcuts often.

So enhancing the Addon toolbar is not possible at the moment, If it is not easy possible to change the behaviour
there is the workaround for me now to use a toolbar floating on the top always visible - not nice, but works.

So coming to the point how it could work, maybe also from your programming side/architecture:
  • Having the Addon Toolbar as a "special" standard toolbar, which is able to be enhanced with toolbars/commands
  • The Addon Toolbar shows only if Javascripts are present OR the user decides via option check customisation to show it
Maybe it´s easier if the Javascripts loaded from the Javascripts folder are always the first appearing at the left hand side.

Thank you for considering and keep up your great work,
Kind regards

By the way there are no Javascripts in this folder:
Please let us known if your %AppData%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\JavaScripts is empty and when you using normal documents only - you still have visible the "Add-on Tools" tab/toolbar. There can be unknown issue..
Ovg
User

Post by Ovg »

yogi108 wrote:I have some Javascripts with userdefined icons
Could you please point me how to?
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Ovg wrote:
yogi108 wrote:I have some Javascripts with userdefined icons
Could you please point me how to?
Sure :-)

Should be also some info out there in this forum. (one I found https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... iconStream)

Make a Javascriptfile, give it a good name and store it under (be sure to look for your path and create the Javascript folder if necessary) like
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Editor\Javascripts\addButton.js
Content is like this:
As you can see the folder with the userdefined icons is in same pathlevel as the Javascripts folder

Code: Select all

var cIconsPath = app.getPath("app", "root")+"/Icons";
oIcon1 =  util.iconStreamFromImage(cIconsPath + "/printer.png");

app.addToolButton({   
 cName: "1",   
 oIcon: oIcon1,
 cExec: "printAllOpenedDocs();",   
 cTooltext: "Drucke alle offenen PDF",   
 cLabel: "",
 nPos: 1  
});
The executable Javascript should be in another for better organization in the same folder:

printAllOpenedDocs() calls the Javascript function in the separate file:

Code: Select all

function printAllOpenedDocs(){
  var ad = app.activeDocs;
  for (var i = 0; i < ad.length; i++)
  {
    var pp = ad[i].getPrintParams();
	if (ad[i].hidden==true)
	{
		// nothing to do!
	} else
	{
		// uncomment the next line to print without dialog for each document
		// pp.interactive = pp.constants.interactionLevel.silent;
		ad[i].print(pp);
	}
  }
}
Hope it helps,
Regards,
Ovg
User

Post by Ovg »

Dear yogi108!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your answer, code and link to other very interesting thread!
You MADE MY DAY!
yogi108 wrote:Hope it helps,
INDEED, It works fine!!!

WBR, Oleg
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Just one little note:

JS files can also be placed into "%AppData%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\JavaScripts" folder.
It is per user location, while the one in Program files is per machine.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Ovg
User

Post by Ovg »

Thanks to all for information and help!
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

yogi108 wrote:Hi Vasyl,

For me the Addon Tool bar is a fix part of PDFXChange, because I have some Javascripts with userdefined icons I use often.
The scripts are always there, so the Addon Toolbar will be there as well, even created at startup and destroyed at shutdown.

For me it would be nice to enhance the Addon Toolbar with own toolbars/commands, using some commands in this context heavily.

So coming to the point how it could work, maybe also from your programming side/architecture:
  • Having the Addon Toolbar as a "special" standard toolbar, which is able to be enhanced with toolbars/commands
  • The Addon Toolbar shows only if Javascripts are present OR the user decides via option check customisation to show it
Maybe it´s easier if the Javascripts loaded from the Javascripts folder are always the first appearing at the left hand side.

Thank you for considering and keep up your great work,
Kind regards
Just want to be sure my request is seen,

Thanks a lot,
Kind regards
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Yogi,

Thanks! Your request is indeed seen, but as Vasyl explained it to me - it is complicated enough that the add-on toolbar is created dynamically from scripts in the relevant folders AND having the possibility for documents to add additional buttons there (even if such files are rare!), so also coding for the possibility to make this "semi-dynamic" is going to be very complex, and for the moment is not something we consider as a feature to develop unfortunately.

Regards,
Stefan
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello Yogi,

Thanks! Your request is indeed seen, but as Vasyl explained it to me - it is complicated enough that the add-on toolbar is created dynamically from scripts in the relevant folders AND having the possibility for documents to add additional buttons there (even if such files are rare!), so also coding for the possibility to make this "semi-dynamic" is going to be very complex, and for the moment is not something we consider as a feature to develop unfortunately.

Regards,
Stefan
Thank you, that's enough for me - but I had received no specific answer, so I pushed it again,
Kind regards,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:D