Difference between PDF-XChange Editor and PDF-XChange Editor Plus?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

snorful
User

Difference between PDF-XChange Editor and PDF-XChange Editor Plus?

Post by snorful »

I have been quite satisfied using PDF-XChange Editor v6.0 build 322.5 for some time. As best as I can recall it has been a free version, as there hasn't been any nag screens or reminders for purchase. I'm also aware of its limited features.

On viewing Image I noticed two versions of PDF-XChange Editor; one at $43.50 USD, the other, the Plus version, at $54.50 USD. What's confusing me is that while on the PDF-XChange products comparison chart Image I can find no mention of the Plus version, and am wondering which additional user benefits there might be in the Plus version.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Difference between PDF-XChange Editor and PDF-XChange Editor Plus?

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

I suppose you are talking about the comparison chart here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/pdf-xc ... ison-chart

When you look into the column for "PDF-XChange Editor", you will see a few number of items like:
- Create Fillable PDF Forms
- Create/Edit Dynamic Stamps
- Edit Fillable PDF Forms
where you see "Editor Plus license required".

In fact, the installation package for PDF-XChange Editor and PDF-XChange Editor Plus are completely the same, but depending of the license key that you purchase (valid for the Plus version or not), you will be able to use the additional functionality - mainly the creation and editing of fillable PDF forms - with or without "Tracker Software" publicity stamps.

The activation of additional features will happen on the hand of the license key that you must introduce in the Editor, via the File-menu or Edit-menu > Preferences > Registration.
If you have NO license key at all, the Editor will still be fully functional but it will put publicity stamps on the pages if you are using licensed features. The good point is that you will get a warning message before.

In case you would only like to see the free features in the Editor's menus and toolbars, then go into Preferences > Registration and mark the check box at the bottom of the dialog box "Hide all licensed features ...".
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Willy - you nailed it!

BTW - one can also run the .xcvault file of the key by double clicking it. Our product installers make the association for .xcvault so as long as you installed the product first you can just double click the key to apply the license.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
snorful
User

Post by snorful »

Thanks for enlightening me, Willy Van Nuffel. It cleared up quite a bit.

Apologies for the tardy reply; I was mistakenly under the impression that I would have been notified of it via email.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello snorful,

You should get e-mail notifications indeed - if you have subscribed to the topic, so please check your settings, and then your spam folder of the mail account as well :)
If the e-mail is not there - I will ask our web devs to check why this is so!

Cheers,
Stefan