Dragging pages only duplicates first page

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

alan-uk
User

Dragging pages only duplicates first page

Post by alan-uk »

When dragging a page thumbnail from one document to another I am only seeing a duplicate of the first page in the destination document and not the page that I have dragged into the document.

This seemed to happen with both version 6 and version 7.

I am currently using version 7.0 build 323.0, on Windows 10 Creators Edition (64 bit).
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Dragging pages only duplicates first page

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

I tried to reproduce the problem with PDF-XChange Editor V7 323.0 32-bit, but I am not able to.

I suppose it depends of the way you execute the drag-and-drop ...

Do you have separate windows for both documents, or just one window with two or more tabs (one tab per document) ?

In case of two separate windows, you can activate the Thumbnails pane in both windows and then drag-and-drop from one Thumbnail pane to the other.

In case of one single window, you must first drag the page onto the tab of the destination document, and once the Editor has switched to the destination document, you can drop the page in the thumbnails pane there.

If this does not work for you, then please try to explain step-by-step your personal way of working.

Best regards.
alan-uk
User

Post by alan-uk »

Thanks for your help.

I have now found that it it caused by certain PDF's, not all documents, so maybe something within these PDF's causing this peculiar behaviour.

The drag and drop between documents open as tabs in a single window works fine for most documents, but I have some documents that were created by the UK tax authority that seem to cause this issue and the PDF then only shows one document multiple times, rather than each of them.

The problematic documents seem to have creator details of Adobe Acrobat Editor 8.0, although they appear to be generated "on the fly" by the government website. I am downloading them, rather than printing them. Unfortunately the documents contain confidential information, so I cannot easily share the document with you to review. The only unusual feature I can ascertain about the documents is that their page size is not quite A4 - instead it is 215.9mm x 279.4mm.

When I combine the documents using the option in File -> New document -> Combine Files into a Single PDF it seems to work correctly, so the issue only shows up when dragging the thumbnails.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

If Tracker Support would be prepared to have a look, then you could always send an example PDF to their e-mail address:
support@pdf-xchange.com

For the moment, you can use a work-around (like combine files or insert pages) to bypass the problem.

Best regards.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,

we will need the files. Please consider making a copy and using the redaction tool to take out any sensitive information.
It really is redaction - the data is removed not just masked, we will not be able to look under the hood and see it.

cheers
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com