v7: Menu height

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

christian kuhlmann
User

v7: Menu height

Post by christian kuhlmann »

I noticed that in v7 the menu height is larger than in v6. Is there a reason for this? The same applies to the title bar but it has a few new buttons that might be responsible. But the menu bar is unchanged and just takes a few px extra without any change to the font size apparent to me.

Please consider to change the menu bar height back to the smaller value value. With today's widescreen monitors, I find vertical space is especially precious and limiting.
Also, a smaller height option for the toolbars would be nice, but I guess this would require more modifications, so I can accept it might not be worth the effort.
claude vidal
User

Re: v7: Menu height

Post by claude vidal »

I too find the menu bar very high. Even after specifying smaller icons, the menu bar remains at the same height.
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Sure that you are referring to the menu height? I think that the menu has a normal height -- only its caption/titlebar seems to be too thick (when the menu is floated):
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
claude vidal
User

Post by claude vidal »

Sorry, you're right. What I meant was the ribbon menu.

As evident here, even if there's lots of empty space at the right of the ribbon, it won't 'spread' the icons such that the ribbon becomes less thick
Ribbon thickness.png
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Claude & company,

If I may offer an alternate solution which I find to be of particular use. In the ribbon UI you can double-click any tab to force it to auto-hide. Now, each time you need a tool that is located in the ribbon tab simply click that tab, and choose the tool. When focus returns to the document the Tabs are all collapsed again:

Currently, we have a minimum icon size of 24 Pixels in three rows amounting to a 90 Pixel toolbar. In a later build, we intend to add smaller Icons that will be 16 Pixels each for a total of 66 Pixel toolbar. I hope the solution above will satisfy you for now ;)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
claude vidal
User

Post by claude vidal »

Patrick,

Thanks, that a great tip!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin