Verion 7 UI Questions

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Verion 7 UI Questions

Post by Arnold »

Some of the titles for the icons in Ribbon UI mode are rather long. In the Command Properties for the icon there is a place to specify a short title, but it seems to be locked. Is there a way to enter a short title, and would it then take the place of the regular title below the icon?

The Properties Toolbar when using the Standard Toolbars expands to the left when an object is selected. It causes the default toolbars to collapse. Created toolbars do not collapse, the Properties Toolbar itself collapses instead. The toolbar on the far left is one I created. Is it possible to have created toolbars collapse like the default ones?

2017-12-11 19_36_41-New Document_ - PDF-XChange Editor.png
2017-12-11 19_37_04-New Document_ - PDF-XChange Editor.png
2017-12-11 19_37_04-New Document_ - PDF-XChange Editor.png (2.13 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
2017-12-11 19_26_03-New Document_ - PDF-XChange Editor.png
2017-12-11 19_26_03-New Document_ - PDF-XChange Editor.png (3.73 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Verion 7 UI Questions

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Arnold,

For now, the title customization is read only. I can provide the short title for the Combine Files command though - it will be available from the next build.
Alternatively, you can turn off the Command text lables:
Capture24.PNG
Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Thank you. How about the 2nd part of my post. Is it possible to make toolbars I create collapse like the default ones do when the Properties toolbar expands to the left?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Arnold,
Could you please go to File> Export settings and send me the settings file so that I can try to replicate this behavior and get a better idea of what is happening? A video would be helpful too.

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Please see pdf attached. Settings also attached.
Attachments
PDFXChangeEditorSettings 323.0.zip
(120.49 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Properties Toolbar.pdf
(129.92 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Arnold,

I've asked Vasyl, the lead UI developer, to take a look at this and advise why this behaviour is what it is, but normally we have always assumed that the properties toolbar would be on a row of it's own, or the last one on a row, so it adjusting relative to available space is expected.
Why the custom ones do not shrink is a question I can't answer directly - hence me forwarding it higher up. In the mean time - have you tried to manually hide the text on some commands? You can do that by right clicking on any tool on any toolbar and deselecting the "show text" entry:
show_text.png
Regards,
Stefan
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

I have the properties toolbar as the last one in the row and I have all text labels shut off in toolbars in UI Options. There would be enough room for the Properties toolbar to expand as far as needed if the tool bar I created (on the far left) collapsed like the default ones that come with the program.

Thanks.
2017-12-22 12_09_54-New Document_ - PDF-XChange Editor.png
2017-12-22 12_10_25-New Document_ - PDF-XChange Editor.png
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

I figured out one way to do it. I moved the icons from my toolbar to the Edit Content toolbar since I had already added the 2 original icons to the Comment toolbar. Properties toolbar has plenty of room now.
2017-12-22 13_57_46-Clermont Demo_ (Secured) - PDF-XChange Editor.png
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Arnold.

Thanks for your detailed explanation. We found reason of that trouble and will try to fix it in the next release (approx. at the end of January).

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.