V7.0: Scan Documents

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mummerto
User

V7.0: Scan Documents

Post by Mummerto »

Hi there! Scanning documents doesn't work anymore after the update to Version 7.0. The Preview of the scanner dialog shows the page and it looks ok. But after scanning there is only a blank page in PDF-Xchange Editor. See screenshots.
Scan-Preview.JPG
Empty_sheet.JPG
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: V7.0: Scan Documents

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hi Mummerto,
Please provide us with more detail. What is your Windows version? Do you use 32-bit or 64-bit Editor? Do you use WIA or TWAIN driver for this scanner?
In case if your Windows and the Editor are both 64-bit and you use this scanner in TWAIN mode - did you select TWAIN 32-bit or TWAIN 64-bit driver for this scanner in the Editor Scan dialog?
Please provide a screenshot of the Editor "Scan Properties" dialog with all the settings you have made before scanning.
Mummerto
User

Post by Mummerto »

Hi Roman, I use Windows 10 x64 Creators Update and the 64-bit version of PDF Xchange Editor Plus V7.0 Build 323.0. I tried every scanner driver installed on my PCs for HP Officejet Pro 8370 and Officejet Pro x476dw. I always get a blank page.
settings.JPG
Drivers.JPG
Drivers.JPG (40.67 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Mummerto,

Thanks for the information! I will pass it along to Roman so that he can check it asap!
In the mean time - can you please try to turn on the "Use Native UI" check box - and see if that produces any better results?

Regards,
Stefan
Mummerto
User

Post by Mummerto »

No, using native mode delivers the same results. In the scan preview everything looks fine, after the real scan process I get a blank page.
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Mummerto,
Just to be sure - did you try your Officejet Pro x476dw in TWAIN mode? As I see on your screenshot, both WIA and TWAIN drivers are available for this scanner.
Can we arrange a live remote debug session? See here for details. The latest TeamViewer version is preferable.
Mummerto
User

Post by Mummerto »

A remote session would be possible tomorrow, Friday, 14.12.2017, in the morning.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Mummerto,

Thanks for the willingness to do a remote!
Before we go to that - can you please try build 323.1 which we released last night, and let us know if the problem is still there?

Regards,
Stefan
Mummerto
User

Post by Mummerto »

Installed build 323.1, but I still get a blank page from the scanner.
aurorix
User

Post by aurorix »

Same Problem. I have got a blank page with 323.0 and also with 323.1.
But interesting: i scanned with OCR recognition, and search for text finds it and and sets a yellow mark in the blank page. See attachment.
Attachments
2017-12-14_190344.jpg
aurorix
User

Post by aurorix »

Update: If i scan without OCR recognation, i will get a proper page. And OCR recognation after that works correct in both variants.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello All,

I too have experienced this issue and reported it to the dev team. They are already aware and are working on the issue as I type.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi All,
We confirm this to be an issue with OCR post-processing of the scanned images. The responsible developer is already working on this. In the meantime please turn off OCR in the scanner presets in use (Preferences|Scanner Presets|<preset name>|Image Insertion Options...|Image Post-Processing)
Mummerto
User

Post by Mummerto »

OK! Deactivating OCR as postprocessing step while scanning works. So I manually start OCR after the scan process. But it would be fine, if this problem could be fixed in the next release.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Mummerto,

Absolutely! We are working on fixing the problem, and the steps offered above in this topic are the temporary workaround solution.
Glad to hear it is working for you too!

Cheers,
Stefan