Navigating tabs in V7 Ribbon UI using keyboard?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

FrodoHackins
User

Navigating tabs in V7 Ribbon UI using keyboard?

Post by FrodoHackins »

If I am on the "View" or "Comment" tab, for example, my assumption is that pressing Alt+F would take me to the "File" tab -- as it would in practically any other Windows program, ever -- but it does not. In fact, the UI does not seem to respond at all. To that end, is there some secret list of shortcuts for navigating menu tabs in the new Ribbon UI? I've spent a good amount of time searching this forum, but I have so far come up empty. Please advise...thanks!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Navigating tabs in V7 Ribbon UI using keyboard?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi FrodoHackins

welcome to the forums and thanks for the post. We have only just released the Ribbon and those shortcuts have not yet been added. They are planned to be added in the near future however so stay tuned!

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
drekmeek
User

Post by drekmeek »

The ALF-F commands now seem to be working in classic toolbar mode.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hey Everyone,
We've identified this as a bug, I've submitted a bug report to have it fixed as soon as development time allows.
It seems that its an issue with the keyboard loosing its association to the menu bar when it changes drastically. A temporary fix for this is to interact with anything in the UI that will open a window then close that window. That will reset the Keyboard's ties to the menu and make it work for the time being. As long as you aren't switching back and forth the between classic and ribbon UI too often it shouldn't bother you too much.
Here is a link to the thread should you want updates!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com