Search Result

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

thomas peterziel
User

Search Result

Post by thomas peterziel »

Hello! How can I sort search results alphabetically?

Thx Thomas
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Search Result

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Thomas,

If you search for a specific word, then all the found results would be of that same word, so I am not really sure how "alphabetical" ordering will work in the search results pane. Having the results ordered by their occurrence order in the document is much more meaningful,

Regards,
Stefan
thomas peterziel
User

Hello,
unfortunately my english is not very good. I will attach a PDF with the problem. The sorting of the search result is not sorted in ascending order.
If you now 50 hits, you have to first see through everything, if something is missing.

Thanks for your help!!!
Frage.pdf
(82.93 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Sorting search results is not possible at the moment (actually I don't recall having seen such a feature also in any other application).

What you could do is search for an "OR" combination of all your search terms. While this would not eliminate the need to look for missing occurrences, the different colors could make it easier.

David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
thomas peterziel
User

Hello!

Thank you for your prompt reply.
The "OR" link does not help, because I would have to know the participants in advance.

Greetings Thomas
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Thomas,

Can we please have a copy of the original file from which you provided the shot with the search results?
That way we will be able to test and reproduce this locally - and will get a better understanding of what is happening.

Also pleas make sure you have the latest build installed (323.1 as of last night).

Regards,
Stefan