Backgrounds and Resizing  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

shade-cabin-hammock
User

Backgrounds and Resizing

Post by shade-cabin-hammock »

Hi,

Have a PDF file I created a while ago. Somehow, and I don't recall the steps, I was able to give it a dark blue background.

I tried to resize some of the pages recently, and I noticed that the resize goes fine, but the new portions of the pages have a white background.

I'm willing to bet that I went about GETTING the background color for the page in some unorthodox manner! :P :D But, I THOUGHT I did it through a GUI in the settings.

Is there anything I can do so that pages with a background color that are re-sized ALSO have that background color itself grow into the re-sized areas?

Examples attached. Not to scale! :P :D One's super small.
bigger-bg-quest.pdf
size-with-bg-1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sincerely,

SCH
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Backgrounds and Resizing  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, shade-cabin-hammock

When resizing pages, the "scale page content" option should be enabled, to ensure that the background reaches the edges of the new page. also if the two pages are of different aspect ratios, you will need to disabled the "keep content aspect ratio" option, to allow the background to stretch to the edge of the page:
image.png
Alternatively, you can just use the "background" tool, on the Organize tab, to add a new background of the desired color directly, without needing to have all the other page content be resized as well.
image(1).png
Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
shade-cabin-hammock
User

Re: Backgrounds and Resizing

Post by shade-cabin-hammock »

Hi Daniel,

Ah! Yes. Perfect. And, thanks for the lead among the tools as to where that was.

Somehow in my mind I was concerned - since those pages that I'm working with have a bunch of content already - I was thinking that if I DID find that background command again (and the one you shared WAS the one I used), and used it AGAIN, my thinking was:

"Uh. oh. If I add MORE background to an EXISTING page that has a background that...maybe it would obscure the page's existing content."

BUT...No, sir! Works JUST right.

MANY thanks! : ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ! ! !
Sincerely,

SCH
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Backgrounds and Resizing

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)