Processing large volumes of pdf to get text-enabled pdfs

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ynbatch
User

Processing large volumes of pdf to get text-enabled pdfs

Post by ynbatch »

Hi,

I have the issue that I sometimes have to process large volume of pdf documents, and ocr those in order to obtain the pdf with the text layer.
Does pdf-xchange allow processing of e.g. a whole folder containing pdfs, and produce a version of those pdfs which is ocr'd?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

PS: tried to search fro this but could not find it in the forum, so sorry if the question has already been asked
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Processing large volumes of pdf to get text-enabled pdfs

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Y N Batch,

I am afraid that the current OCR tool that we offer can only work with one document at a time. We are currently working on a batch processing tool, but it will not be part of the free Viewer as the current OCR functionality. I expect this batch OCR tool to be available in the next few months after the release of the PDF-X Editor (the product that will succeed the current Viewer by the end of this month):
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxve3

Kind Regards,
Stefan Dzhukelov
ynbatch
User

Post by ynbatch »

Thanks for the reply.
It's a pity the batch processing will only be available in the next few months as it's a tool I would have liked to use as soon as possible ;-)

Cheers
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi ynbatch,

Glad to help! And I assure you we are working as hard as we can to have it ready asap! :)

Cheers,
Stefan
pittlj
User

Post by pittlj »

[quote="Tracker Supp-Stefan"]Hi ynbatch,

This tool or batch number to PDF files in batch processing should be done now but with OCR?

Josef
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Josef,

Welcome to our forums. Apologies but I am not sure I 100% understand your question. Could you please try to reword it a bit?

Regards,
Stefan
pittlj
User

Post by pittlj »

Ich möchte mehrere Pdf Dateien mit OCR bearbeiten. Dies soll aber autumatisch geschehen.
z.B. Im verzeichnis Buchhaltung befinden sich 300 Pdf Dateien mit dem Namen Beleg0001.pdf bis Beleg0300.pdf. Diese Dateien alle einzelln mit Pdf Xchange zu Öffnen, OCR Konvertieren und wieder zu Speichern ist sehr mühsam.
e.g. The directory contains 300 accounting pdf files with the name Beleg0001.pdf to Beleg0300.pdf. These files all einzelln with Pdf Xchange to open, OCR and convert again to save is very tedious. (Google translate)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello pittlj,

Thanks. Now it is more clear, but I am afraid that the current OCR tool offered in our Viewer/Editor is not intended for batch use. We are considering an OCR plug-in for the Editor that will allow this, but for the moment you need to OCR PDF files one by one.

Regards,
Stefan