New translation tool for build 316  SOLVED

For translators, questions, tips and suggestions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

New translation tool for build 316

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

New translation tool with the latest data files, for the upcoming build 316 of the Editor, available for download here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxedi ... zer301.zip

Valid files sent before to 12pm PST January 11, 2016 will be included in the build. All the rest files, as always, available to download from our site: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/editor_lang
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
angel herraez
User

Re: New translation tool for build 316

Post by angel herraez »

I have suspicion of an original string in Strings.xcl:

"Install at least 2007 or later version of Microsoft %1 to open %1 files."

Shouldn't that be %1 and %2 ?
angel herraez
User

Post by angel herraez »

I have problems translating some phrases since I don't get the meaning in the original English phrase:

"Required values not found in last trailer" and "Required values not found in trailers"
(in msg.docInfo.broken.errorsInTrailer and msg.docInfo.broken.unrecoveredErrorsInTrailer)
What is a trailer?

"Softmask In Data"
(in prop.image.maskType.sMaskInData)
What is a softmask?
Does the phrase mean there is one in the data, or what else? Which data are those?

in Bookmarks.xcl file, several entries refer to "offsets" in variables that seem to be related to indents.
I cannot find that dialog in the program, so my question is, are those "offsets" indentation or, like in other places, a difference to apply e.g. in page numbers?
The DlgFromTOC dialog seems to contain both meanings close to each other, both using "offset"

Any help will be welcome, thanks
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

I have suspicion of an original string in Strings.xcl:

"Install at least 2007 or later version of Microsoft %1 to open %1 files."

Shouldn't that be %1 and %2 ?
Yes, definitely it should be %1 and %2. Will fix that in original file, thank you!
"Required values not found in last trailer" and "Required values not found in trailers"
(in msg.docInfo.broken.errorsInTrailer and msg.docInfo.broken.unrecoveredErrorsInTrailer)
What is a trailer?
Trailer is a special record in PDF file. Here is a quote from PDF Specification:
7.5.5 File trailer
The trailer of a PDF file enables a PDF reader to quickly find the cross-reference table and certain special objects. PDF readers should read a PDF file from its end. The last line of the file shall contain only the end-of-file marker, %%EOF. The two preceding lines shall contain, one per line and in order, the keyword startxref and the byte offset in the decoded stream from the beginning of the file to the beginning of the xref keyword in the last cross-reference section. The startxref line shall be preceded by the trailer dictionary, consisting of the keyword trailer followed by a series of key-value pairs enclosed in double angle brackets (<<…>>) (using LESS-THAN SIGNs (3Ch) and GREATER-THAN SIGNs (3Eh)).
"Softmask In Data"
(in prop.image.maskType.sMaskInData)
What is a softmask?
Does the phrase mean there is one in the data, or what else? Which data are those?
Softmask is an alpha channel of an image, that defines transparency of image's pixels. This text is a name of image property which may have values Yes of No.
in Bookmarks.xcl file, several entries refer to "offsets" in variables that seem to be related to indents.
I cannot find that dialog in the program, so my question is, are those "offsets" indentation or, like in other places, a difference to apply e.g. in page numbers?
The DlgFromTOC dialog seems to contain both meanings close to each other, both using "offset"
On DlgFromTOD dialog there is "Page Offset" that means additional offset that should be added to page number extracted from TOC.

For example, if your document has 10 first pages numbered in roman numbers - i, ii, iii, iv, v, etc. and in TOC you have

Chapter 1 ............................................... 3

You will have to specify this offset as 10, to have generated bookmarks to refer to correct page.

Another instance of offset on this dialog is "Change offsets...". For now I'm not ready to explain meaning of these two offsets specified by additional dialog - will have to ask developers who made it.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
angel herraez
User

Post by angel herraez »

Thank you, that helps me complete the Spanish traslation.

For #3, the one about pages is clear since it has a long description at the side. For the others I guess it should be "indents", the variable names suggest so and the suggested (former?) translation goes along that meaning.
But I propose it would be best to change the English from that "Change offsets..." to "Change indents..." or maybe "Change margins..." (I do not think indent is a usual word also for vertical spacing) Also, to avoid using offset for two different meanings.

Additionally, there is a fix needed: the "Page Offset" string is not being offered for translation (see attached snapshot)
Attachments
page_offset.7z
snapshot. "Page Offset" is not offered for translation
(94.99 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello angel herraez,

Please check the help documentation - there's plenty of description there:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXEd ... _contents1

Also, the translation is present and is taken from one of the Editor's strings:

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
angel herraez
User

Post by angel herraez »

Thank you, Alex
Glad to know the Page Offset phrase gets translated. However, it does not display within the Localizer application (maybe because it needs the other, general, module)

The link to the help is indeed useful. it seems indeed that the "offsets" there have a new meaning, not either page nr. difference nor indents. I will adapt the translation accordingly.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com