Repeated authorization request form google drive

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

giacomo.ciani
User

Repeated authorization request form google drive

Post by giacomo.ciani »

The google drive plugin asks for authorization every time I try to open a "recent" document (on google drive), while it does only the first time if I use the "open from -> google drive" command.

PDF XChange Editor 6.0 build 317.1
To reproduce:
- open the editor
- try "file -> open from -> google drive"
- if you have set up a GD login before, you will be presented with the authorization screen.
--> Issue 1 (minor): is this really necessary? Usually when you authorize an application to access Drive, it remembers until you revoke the authorization...
- now load a document from drive, then close it
- try "file -> open from -> google drive". No authorization asked (good!)
- try to load the document from the "recent files" list. Authorization is asked again.
--> Issue 2: when the authorization is requested is inconsistent between using the "file -> open from -> google drive" command (only once at the beginning of the session) and loading a file from the recent list (every time).

I think the authorization should be asked once, stop. Once per sessions is acceptable. Once every time you want to load a document is too much... :-/
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Repeated authorization request form google drive

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi giacomo.ciani

I see what you mean, it would seem better to cache those credentials for use in the "recent's list", I'm just not sure if that is a technical challenge.

I'll post the question to the development team and see what they have to say.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com