MOVE BOOKMARKS "X" PAGES ON NEWER PDF

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cunha00
User

MOVE BOOKMARKS "X" PAGES ON NEWER PDF

Post by cunha00 »

Hello guys!

First of all, congrats for the great job! I´ve been using PDF Xchange for more than 3 years and I still think it´s the best pdf tool available.
One of the best things on PDF Xchange editor is the bookmark handling. :D :D :D :) :mrgreen:
The bookmark option of inserting page number at the end of the bookmark text saves a lot of work for me when it´s time to write my reports,

But, due to some changes at work, I´m having the following issue:
My PDFs contain a table of contents at the beggining of the file. The table of contents will start with one page. As the file gets bigger, the table of contents will take 2, 3 or more pages.
When I copy my bookmarks, they will use absolute page number reference instead of relative ones, so my bookmarks are useless on the new pdf as they are 1 or more pages before they are supposed to be.
Right now, I´m removing some pages of the table of contents to keep order and I add the amount of pages I deleted to the bookmark page on my report.
Nonetherless, I would be great if someone has a better idea of how to move my bookmarks up "x" pages... Maybe a feature request on organize bookmarks?
we are dealing with 40+ bookmarks for each pdf, so I need a batch solution.
Thanks! Best regards! Sorry for the english as it´s not my native language.

TL;DR: I need to move my bookmarks X pages up, so it will realign with previous PDF.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: MOVE BOOKMARKS "X" PAGES ON NEWER PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello cunha00,

Are you creating the table of contents using the tools inside the Editor, or are you e.g. creating that externally, and then merging the table of contents into an existing file?
If it's the second option - try to save the table of contents as one PDF, and the other file with the existing Bookmarks as another - and then try the File -> New Document -> Combine files. This should copy the bookmarks and make them point to the correct new pages in the binder document.

Regards,
Stefan
cunha00
User

Post by cunha00 »

This table of contents comes embedded on the pdf I download from the departament´s system. But I got what you said. I can, for instance, delete one page or just cut one, on the new pdf, then I can add my bookmarks, as they will be placed correctly, and, after, I can add a blank page or the paste the deleted page, so I have my pdf correctly bookmarked!

Thanks fot the Idea!

Although it´s a workaround, it solves pretty much all the hassle!

It´s good to see you are still delivering superb support Stefan!

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Glad I could assist cunha00!

Enjoy using our software and
Kind regards,
Stefan