How can I write an Plug-In for PDF-XChange Viewer

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
KarlTH
User

How can I write an Plug-In for PDF-XChange Viewer

Post by KarlTH »

Hello Support-Team,

I have read in a post that PDF-XChange Viewer may support plug-Ins. Is it true?
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... din#p66080

That would be very interesting for me because we have a CoSign appliance(digital signature solution) from ARX
http://www.arx.com/files/Documents/CoSign-Brochure.pdf

and want to use their signature with the SAPICOM-Library.
I already wrote an VB .NET application which joins PDF-XChange Viewer with the ARX SAPICOM-Library but at the moment I have to validate all the source code from PDF-XChange Viewer too and it would be much easier, if I only write a Plug-In for PDF-XChange Viewer.

Is there any possibility to write a plug-in for PDF-XChange Viewer to add a button or menu item for adding an electronic signatur from the ARX SAPICOM-Library?
A short example how to write a plugin PDF-XChange Viewer would be perfect!
(I did not find anything in the documentation about it)

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Best regards,

Karl
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How can I write an Plug-In for PDF-XChange Viewer

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

The Viewer itself offers no plugin architecture or support however our new PDF-XChange Editor does and we are already discussing with several developer's the options available and providing limited access to an invited shortlist of early adopters to begin work designing and releasing suitable plugins - if you would like to join in and be offered a pre-release SDK to write a plugin for the PDF-XChange Editor please write to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this post in the email and we will provide further details and info.

Hope that helps
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
KarlTH
User

Post by KarlTH »

Hi,

thanks a lot for your fast help and the informations! Sounds good to me and I will write an e-mail to get the pre-release SDK.
Am I right that "PDF-XChange Editor" is a new product? (Not PDF-XChange Viewer Pro)

Best regards,

Karl
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Karl,

That's right - the Editor, when finished, will become Version 3 of the Viewer.

We look forward to the email :)

Cheers,
Will
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
KarlTH
User

Post by KarlTH »

Hi Will,

I have tested the PDF-XChange Editor and must congratulate you all! Awesome! Good job!
I always missed the function to edit or remove text or pictures but with the "Edit Content Tool" now I can do it. :)

PDF-XChange Editor has all the features a user needs and if you advertise it Adobe Acrobat can pack up and go home!
I am looking forward to get an SDK as soon as possible! 8)

Thanks a lot,

Karl
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the kind words!! They're much appreciated and we're glad that you engjoy the product :)
Adobe Acrobat can pack up and go home!
:lol: That gave me a good chuckle!

Do let me know if I can help further!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
mtd91429
User

Post by mtd91429 »

Any updates on the status of the Plug-in development environment?
KarlTH
User

Post by KarlTH »

I am still waiting for PDF-XChange Editor SDK to create a plug-in but I still have not received it :?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello KarlTH, mtd91429

The Plug-ins SDK is still in development, and we will start some closed testing soon, but I still do not have a public release date for it yet.

Regards,
Stefan
KarlTH
User

Post by KarlTH »

Hello Stefan,

thank you for the information! :wink:

Best regards,

Karl
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

;)
KarlTH
User

Post by KarlTH »

Hello Tracker-Support-Team,

it's been a while since I ask if it's possible to develop a plug-in for PDF-XChange Editor and I hope that there are good news for me now. :wink:
I have to update my existing VB .NET solution with an integrated PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX to Windows 10 and hope I can save myself some time
(printer handling, save program settings, handle multiple documents) if I develop only an plug-in for electronic signatures for PDF-XChange Editor.

The plug-in for PDF-XChange Editor is quite simple, it only should be possible to get the coordinates of a rectangle annot and to call a webservice
from our CoSign appliance (server for electronic signatures). Here is my sample code to get the coordinates of a rectangle annot in OnEvent:

Code: Select all

PDFXCViewer.GetProperty(e.Name + ".Temp", _oDataOut)
                    iAnnotHasBeenCreated = DirectCast(_oDataOut, Integer)

If iAnnotHasBeenCreated = 0 And _MainPresenter.Model.CreationOfSignatureFieldStarted = True Then

NewSignatureFieldSettings = New SignatureFieldSettings
                        NewSignatureFieldSettings.PDFilePath = _MainPresenter.Model.PDFilePath

PDFXCViewer.GetProperty(e.Name + ".PageIndex", _oDataOut)
                        NewSignatureFieldSettings.PDPage = DirectCast(_oDataOut, Integer)

iSignaturFieldPositions = GetRectangleAnnotXYWidthHeightInEvent(e.Name, NewSignatureFieldSettings.PDPage)

NewSignatureFieldSettings.HorizontalPositionX = iSignaturFieldPositions(0)
                        NewSignatureFieldSettings.VerticalPositionY = iSignaturFieldPositions(1)
                        NewSignatureFieldSettings.Width = iSignaturFieldPositions(2)
                        NewSignatureFieldSettings.Height = iSignaturFieldPositions(3)

_MainPresenter.ShowSignDialog(NewSignatureFieldSettings)
                    End If
Is it possible to receive the PDF-XChange Editor SDK for creating a plug-in?

Best regards,

Karl
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello KarlTH,

Sorry for the long reply - somehow the topic was lost.
I have a question - are you sure that you need a plugin? You can just use the Editor SDK to implement that you need and give your users this project for usage. Or do you need a separate plugin so that the every End-user can install it in his Editor?

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
KarlTH
User

Post by KarlTH »

Hello Alex,

no Problem because of the later answer!
I know that you have also a Editor SDK but I want to have a separate plugin because than the user can have individual settings (like tool bars, printer) in the PDF-XChange Editor program and the part of the signature is predefined.
Currently I have a .NET 4.0 solution called WHViewer running where I use PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX SDK and created the sign button as an overlay button. The problem with my WHViewer is that the users always loose the settings for menu bar, printer dialog, OCR,... and worst of all the favorite menu items are lost if the program is closed.
8) So the easiest way for me, will be to create only a plugin for PDF-XChange Editor (so I don't have to care about saving individual user settings)

Here are some screens of the current solution WHViewer:
WHViewer_MainScreen.png
WHViewer_SignatureDialog.png
I want to replace my solution WHViewer with your standard software PDF-XChange Editor with my own signature plugin and this is why I want to write a separate plug-in for PDF-XChange Editor for it. Or Tracker Software writes a signature plug-in for me and I pay for it?

Thanks,

Karl
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Please provide us with an outline of some specific detail of what you would need and how you would see it integrating/working and we will advise on a guide price..

Please email this specification to sales@pdf-xchange.com with a link back tot his topic for reference in the email.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
KarlTH
User

Post by KarlTH »

Hello John,

sounds good! :) I will send an user requirement specification to sales@pdf-xchange.com and hope Tracker Software can develop a signature plug-in for PDF-XChange Editor for me.

Many thanks,

Karl
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks Karl,

Looking forward to that e-mail!

Cheers,
Stefan